Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trader Joe's Flat Iron Steak

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
a043a3dd.jpg
I went to Trader Joe's today to get there Marinaded Rack of Lamb, but they were out, as I was cruising thru the store I saw these Flat Iron Beef Chuck Steaks Seasoned with Chipotle Pepper Sauce
7e49a13f.jpg
I'll grill some Romaine too
70ba4078.jpg

77aeb7de.jpg

4ea16433.jpg

60fa1d37.jpg
On the grill @500* 6-min. a side
09ae08c9.jpg

0c6604c0.jpg
Romaine grilled for 2-min a side with Bernstine's Restaurant Recipe Italian Dressing and graded Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
14df167e.jpg

fbd1874b.jpg
For a pre-seasoned and packaged steak this was truly very good, served with mashed potatoes

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• fasteddiemfasteddiem Posts: 212
    Ross,

Beautiful cook...Is the dressing prepared or do you make it? If you make it could you forward the recipe...I'm looking for a new Italian dressing recipe!
    ·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,468
    It's store bought Eddie

Ross
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Can't beat the look of your stakes Ross. Wish I was there!!!!!

At some point in time I have got to cook some Romaine. Do you just rinse and put it on the egg? How hot, turn and how long?

Also, do you make up the dressing or is it store bought?

Kent
    ·
    I just cut the Harts in half put the dressing on and under the leafs grill that side first for 2-min. then turn over add the cheese for another 2-min. Enjoy Kent

Ross
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Thanks Ross.

·
  • Thanks for sharing, we will have to look for that at our local Trader Joe's
    :)
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Nice Ross. I think the wife is picking up some stakes for me to toss on when I get off this afternoon. Don't ever see flat iron around hear though.
    ·
    Enjoy Diane

Ross
    ·
    I'm sure she will find something that you well do a fantastic cook on your Egg

Ross
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Ross, the flat iron steaks look yummy. :)

I noticed on the package that it said "beef chuck steaks". Are these similar to the chuck steaks Lawn Ranger eggs?
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    good looking cook Ross!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,304
    Rebecca, here is a link that my answer some question about the cut:
    http://bbq.about.com/od/steaks/a/aa051207a.htm
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Thanks Joan. :) I use that cut for shish kebabs. It's labeled top blade in my local store.
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Thanks, I'm off to trader joes to pick up a couple of those. Looks great and I bet tasted delicious.
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Ross, I've picked that up at TJ's many times, then put it back because of the marinade. But on your recommendation, I will keep it in my cart next time. Potatoes look perfect too!
    ·
    I have no idea Rebecca

Ross
    ·
    Thanks Dale

Ross
    ·
    They were tasty and tender Tim

Ross
    ·
    You won't regret it Teresa

Ross
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Oh my God, Que Delicia!!!!!!!! Can just imagine flat iron & chipotle mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :silly: Ross could you sort of move over here.....Jackie too of course....... :laugh:
    ·
    You are too kind Beli

Ross
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Well it sounded so good I drove to the nearest trader joes and bought a package. I will have to cook those Tuesday as I already have some more chops marinating for Monday. If those are as good as you say I will stock up on several packages. They will be very tasty with some shrimp on the side. A little surf and turf. Thanks. Look forward to grilling them.
    ·