Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Photobucket???

Options
BajaTom
BajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a limit to the number of pictures you can have in your account. I have 365 pictures and it appears some of my pictures have been vanished from my account. Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Both photobucket and flicker have a # limit on the free side. If you pay for the service then, I think, the # is unlimited... In flicker they state your photes are unavailable, but not deleted. I don't know the policy on photobucket
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Open your Photobucket page. Next to your user name click on small arrow and go to "account settings." In the row of selections go to the last one "account status". On mine it says "NEW Photobucket has removed the storage limits for free accounts! Now you can upload all your photos and up to 500 videos!" You can also see how much bandwidth you are using, there is a 10G limit, you are probably not even close. I resize images to about 640X480 before uploading to Photobucket. It is roughly the size default set by the forum software, reduces storage space and is faster to upload and load to a post. I can't think of any reason your images should be vanishing from Photobucket. I have almost 1300 images stored there and am only using 3% of allowed bandwidth with no problems. :ermm:

Blair

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Thanks Gator for the info. If I resize my photos will that affect the links?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Speaking of Photobucket I have a question. I still use the free service and have over 1,000 photos stored there, but also backed up on Carbonite. WHY is Photobucket free? I don't have to wade through ads and I don't seem to be spammed in my email. I'm just from the era that believes there are no free lunches!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

Hi Joan, I would not worry about resizing photos that are already on Photobucket and most of us probably need not bother. If you are uploading and posting a lot of images it may be of some help but for the number of photos the average poster here I probably wouldn't worry to much about it unless your original images are very large. To answer your question, no, it should not effect images already posted if you resize them on Photobucket. As long as the location of the photo and the path to it is the same it should post fine. If you go to your "account settings" as I mention above and go to "Album Settings", near the top you should see "View my upload options". Click on it and in the middle of the box that opens you can set the size you want your images converted to when Photobucket uploads them. Be sure to save any changes you make. This takes care of it for you. You can select another size larger then 640X480 if you wish and the forum software will do some resizing for you as it has a preset default size. I do not know how this option effects uploading times if at all. If you were uploading a lot of photos it may slow the process down. I do it sort of automatically when I edit a photo to correct exposure or focus or anything else before uploading as it might improve on upload times. It was also a good habit when we were limited to how much storage space we had with our Free accounts on Photobucket. :)

Hope this helps and makes sense,

Blair

• Gator Bait
    Options

Hahahahaha, I'm not going to be the one to look that gift horse in the mouth! I am just grateful that it is free and that they have removed any storage limitations. I wasn't close to filling up my account but am happy I no longer have to worry about it. It is like Pandora or Slacker Personal Radio I just enjoy them. :cheer:

Blair

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    Since you seem pretty savvy about photo bucket, do you cut and paste a single phot at a time or is there a way to cut and paste several pictures at once. Thanks.
  • Gator Bait
    Options

I copy and paste the code one at a time out of habit. You can check the box next to each image in Photobucket and at the bottom of the page select "Choose action". That will drop down a menu, the last item on that menu is "Generate link codes for selected." That will open a box where you can scroll down to "IMG for bulletin boards & forums." High light and copy the code for either thumbnails or full sized. Paste the code just like you would for a single image. It has been a long time since I have done it this way so from here you are on your own, be careful editing so as not to disrupt any lines of IMG code, any errors may be tricky to track down. Be aware that to view these codes with the "Preview" option in the post editor on this forum you will have to edit the "IMG" code to lower case "img" just as you have to with a single image. Hope that answers your question. :)

Blair