Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trout on the egg?

Rafter RRafter R Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here are a few pics of my boys at thier first fishing trip. Caught a few trout. I could use some suggestions on how to prepare them on the Egg?

P7200072.jpg
first fish of the day!

P7200074.jpg
Now they both have one!

P7200071.jpg
blocking dad out even though he's doing the hard work! ;)

P7200085.jpg
one tough morning!!!

P7200086.jpg

We went back after a couple hours rest and caught six more. That was plenty since I was going to do the cleaning!

Thanks for looking, and I look forward to the suggestions for egg preparation!! :woohoo:
(If some one can tell me how to rotate the pics I will edit and rotate them)
·

Comments

• loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    irfanview . . . freebie for PC
    ·
  • thailandjohnthailandjohn Posts: 952
    I sprinkle the inside with a little lemon pepper and also insert small slices of lemon and cook direct

Nice pictures
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    Wow! What a fun day your boys will not forget :) Clean grill, spray with Pam or something similar. Put a rub on fish spray with Pam, flesh side down. Do not touch for about 6 minutes (depends how thick your fillets are)
    fbepus.jpg
    scrotv.jpg
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Great fun. Now get the egg go'n.

Here us some blackened trout.

blackncatntrout.jpg

blackncatntroutplate.jpg

Good eats!!!

GG
    ·
  • Rafter RRafter R Posts: 120
    Susan, about how hot did you have your egg?
    ·
  • Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    350-400, good luck :)
    ·
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Mmmmmm, looks fantastic.

The grand kids always bring their summer catch's over so I can cook (and clean).

GG
    ·
  • beforeIMG_0732.jpg

sprinkled with Ragin river. cooked raised direct at 400. 6 min per side and out. a light coating of mayo would've prevented the skin sticking and tearing.

IMG_0734.jpg

these were extremely delicious!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Looks like a very succesful fishing trip. No tips here on how to cook them, but can't wait to see the results.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·