Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fiesta Tiki

Options
RGBHV
RGBHV Posts: 1,318
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our Annual Tiki Party this year had a Mexican theme complete with a live Mariachi Band.

We used the eggs to make: 10 racks of ribs, 2 large Seafood Paellas, 10 lbs of pulled pork (Elder Ward) with western north carolina (Piedmont) style sauce, 10 lbs of pulled pork Puerco Pubil wrapped in banana leaves (thanks Beli), 6 lbs of chicken thighs using Eadrey's Jerk and Chipotle rubs (3 lbs each), about 3 lbs of chicken thighs with Mexican peppers, tomato, etc.

GOV and Virginia dropped by and cooked up some bacon wrapped dates with almonds and some Moink balls. He also served a parmesan dip later in the evening - Awesome!

There were hundreds of pics to choose from - rather than posting a bunch of individual pics, I created a video. I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdDf4UaLDXM

Thanks for watching!

Michael

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Michael, I must be too young to watch it :pinch: It's still private
  • RGBHV
    Options
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That looks like another great party Michael!! Love the music you choose also.
    Thanks for the video.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Works now Michael looks like a great time.
    Say hi to the wives for me.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Wow, you must have had a huge crew helping with all of those cooks! Nice!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Anke, Karin and I did the cooks on the eggs, friends helped by bringing non egged cooks. Thank goodness for multiple eggs. It took a couple days but it was a blast.

Thanks for watching.

Michael
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Thanks Pat - I set the permissions incorrectly. I'm glad it's working properly now.

Anke and Karin were great hosts, everyone had a blast.

Michael
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Nice par-tay! And what a feast you put out. Next time, invite me!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Consider it an open invitation Faith!

Michael & Anke!
  • RGBHV
    Options
    Thanks Molly...

I spent hours searching for Spanish music to play during Fiesta Tiki while the Mariachi band wasn't playing.

I kept coming across Pedro Capo - I was (am) very impressed with this guy. Lots of emotion, lots of enthusiasm, a good voice, etc. If he was signing in English, he'd probably be a household name.

Michael