Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Fun

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dry cured a side of salmon to hot smoke.
72411003.jpg

The tail end.

72411004.jpg

Put in some local organic (that's what the booth claimed) marigolds opposite my scallions.

72411011.jpg

Had the medium and mini going when a very impressive storm came through. Had to wait an hour.

72411020.jpg

72411019.jpg

So I made a drink.
Local peaches, ice, local vodka (that I added vanilla beans to months ago), and some nice spicy cinnamon.

008-11.jpg

009-12.jpg

010-10.jpg

011-9.jpg

Ground brisket juicy lucy. Thanks Adam.

72411022.jpg

72411025.jpg

72411027.jpg

Salmon rinsed, patted and hung in the fridge a few hours.

72411030.jpg

72411031.jpg

Getting there.

003-25.jpg

2 hours, tail end.

005-13.jpg

007-14.jpg

Fun to cook all day and get some things done around here.
Have a great week all!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Greenman72
    Greenman72 Posts: 20
    I noticed the Weber Bullet. Does it ever get used anymore?
  • cookn biker
    I used that once, it's storage now.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    and you wanted leek soup TOO?! :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• cookn biker
    That's why I decided on the drink....hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Now that is some great looking food.

I was wondering if you guys were getting storms, kind of cloudy up there...

Kent
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Molly,

I want the tail piece. :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    If you come to the after party you'll get some of this lovely salmon Kent.
    Streams were running the streets for an hour. Cooled things off nice though.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    B) Lookin good gurl! :)
  • cookn biker
    I'm not really sure what's appropriate to say to that Adam. :laugh: :whistle: :woohoo:
    It does look and smell great.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Back atcha Stud!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Nicely done Molly. I want some cured and smoked salmon. Great finger food. :P

I do have a question. What is the brown stuff in your back yard?
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    It all looks great, Molly, and you adjusted so well to the nice :pinch: weather! Way to save the day.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • cookn biker
    Thanks. That is the right side of my huge backyard. The left is green. Come on over and help this situation Tim :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Gotta roll with it Chris! Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Love to. We need a get away. :) I have this sprayer and I can mix some green paint in it and spray your whole yard. :laugh: :woohoo: :silly:
  • Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looks like a great day !

At what temp did you smoke the salmon? What wood and how long?

Cold-smoked salmon is on my list once the outside temps get cool enough to do it - maybe late fall. ;):whistle::lol:
  • cookn biker
    This it the one and only recipe I will do. It is so dang terrific Clark!!

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1995/02/seafood-dry-cure-for-salmon-trout-or.html
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Molly that salmon looks fantástico, but I must say I loved your drink creativity it looks superb... ;)
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Looks great Molly! I thought your beverage sounded very interesting. :)

Blair

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Thanks, Molly. I haven't looked at that method in a while.

Did you follow it pretty much according to Wayne's instructions?
  • cookn biker
    Yes.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thank you Beli.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    It was light and full of flavor. Thanks Blair.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very nice Molly, you are making me hungry for some salmon, some vodka too! :) :laugh:
  • You have been a busy girl. Wish I was gonna be there to taste the salmon. Nice vodka drink!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Sounds like a great day Molly
    Great pics of some amazing food :)

Shane
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Smoked Salmon is so delicious... That looks amazing as well.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Everything looks outstanding Molly. Love the cocktail. Doing burgers myself tonight, but don't have ground brisket. :(