Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CGS Large Slide Guide Rig Extender

dubah
dubah Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, I'm interested in any reviews folks have of the CGS Large Slide Guide Rig Extender. On the CGS web site it looks pretty useable and is fairly priced, but there are no customer reviews. I'm wondering about practical use and successes using this set-up. Someone must have one of these.
Oh, I already have the Adjustable Rig set up, so the price would be around $55 for the Slide Guide.
Thanks, have a great day.

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/adjustable-rig-sliding-grids/sliding-grids.html

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Larry, I do use the sliding grid setup it helps. Tim ;)

I use the grid extender and the oval grid for all the spatchcock and pieces chicken cooks I do. With a 400F stabilized egg I get the best spatchcock chicken and the way I cook I get crispy skin. :P

Here are some thighs.

001-2.jpg

Here are some ribs.

007.jpg

I sear some chops on the spider with bge ci grid.

100_3473.jpg

then put them up high in the egg. All this using a 400F stabilized egg.

100_3459.jpg

Here are some chicken breasts.

000_2609.jpg

How many mor pic's do you want?

000_2540.jpg

smoking pork bellies.

000_2567.jpg

000_2406.jpg

THREE LAYERS OF RIBS I did rotate and, the cook was successful. ;)

000_2249.jpg

When you have this much chicken cooking you need a drip pan under the cook.

000_2118.jpg

000_1949.jpg

Three small spatchcock chickens with an indirect 400F setup with a drip pan.

000_2024.jpg
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I use mine all the time. It is perfect for ribs. In fact, I have two complete rigs, one in FL and the other in Cincinnati. It really simplifies moving stuff around while cooking.
    I woild say the reason there are no reviews is Tom's products are so well known on this forum that no one feels the need :):)
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Buy it and love it. I'm using mine today on a rib cook.
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    It's an outstanding piece of equipment! A must have for large cooks!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Anybody do pizzas with the oval stone...does the oval shape mean you need a oval pizza stone too?
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • shucker
    shucker Posts: 483
    I just ordered an extender with 3 grids and a couple of slide guides.  Hoping it will show up before the weekend so I can do a large baby back cook.  I will post a review once I use it.

Shucker
    Eastern North Carolina
    Go Pirates!

http://facebook.com/oldcolonysmokehouse

https://www.instagram.com/oldcolonysmokehouse/

L & MM BGE/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Pit Barrel Cooker/QDS/Shirley Fab 50" Patio/BQ Grills Hog Cooker/Stump's Classic/Weber 22" OTG

• 2Fategghead
    Beleive me It will arrive so fast it will make your head spinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    \:D/

• 2Fategghead
    Anybody do pizzas with the oval stone...does the oval shape mean you need a oval pizza stone too?
    What?
    :-S
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Just fold it. Calzone time!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593

What?
    :-S
    Sorry about that.If i'm using a 16" pizza stone on top of the rig extender with the 13*17 oval grid below as a indirect piece isn't the oval stone on bottom going to be too narrow and burn the pizza above it on the larger 16" round stone.Please forgive me, this is all new to me and im getting my first bge soon and planning my set-up.
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • 2Fategghead
    OK CANMAN1976, By you talking about a 16" round stone I assume your talking about an extra large setup for pizza. I have two large eggs and one adjustable rig setup. Like you said one stone over the other with an air gap (I use the big green egg feet between the stones and up high in the dome is fine as long as it's not to high you need room for the heat to come up and around the stone).

The owner of the ceramicgrillstore.com is Tom or tjv on the forum and his number is (940)387-0100
    and his website is http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ give Tom a call I have and and found him very helpful. He will ask you what you plan to cook for what you need. He is a great person and wants to be helpful. Tim
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited January 2013
    This came in before my Egg got here. I have the older style on my other Large. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited January 2013
    Photobucket problems
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• brycos
    brycos Posts: 137
    it seems like the new sliding rig extender gives you the benefit of the swing rack and the AR all in one
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is there an "egg code" for a discount...one that everyone gets anyway?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN