Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best Egged dinner yet!

Options
CrazyHarry
CrazyHarry Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over 15 years ago I stumbled across a fantastic salmon recipe on the Internet and I have been impressing people with my salmon ever since. Tonight I tried this recipe on my Egg for the first time. It was delicious!

For dessert I made a strawberry shortcake with balsamic vinegar and grilled angel food. It was also amazing!

The salmon recipe is VERY simple. Here's a picture of the ingredients:

5956558769_466337958e_z.jpg
Salmon Ingredients by Cybert99, on Flickr

DIRECTIONS:

1. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over each piece of salmon.

2. Sprinkle liberally with Johnny's Seafood Seasoning.

3. Cover the salmon with sour cream.

4. Shred some fresh dill on top.

5957121498_79988f8fc4_z.jpg
Salmon with sour cream and dill by Cybert99, on Flickr

5. Cook over indirect heat for 30 to 50 minutes at about 250 degrees. Use alder wood for smoke. (I used hickory chips because that's all I had and it still tasted great.)

NOTE: The sour cream helps keep the salmon moist and it really picks up the smoke! In fact, as you can see from the picture below, the sour cream comes out looking like meringue. It's so good!

5957123066_84a6f7bb86_z.jpg
Closer view of cooked salmon by Cybert99, on Flickr

For dessert I macerated some strawberries and added two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and a tablespoon of sugar.

While the Egg was heating up to around 500 degrees I cut an angel food cake into about 8 pieces.

5957179994_b026ed89a5_z.jpg
Wine by Cybert99, on Flickr

I grilled the cake pieces quickly on each side and served them with the strawberries and some whipped cream. (It's a good thing I had 8 pieces of angel food because I burned the heck out of half of them. You have to watch them like a hawk!)

5957185088_ce6e4ba93d_z.jpg
Grilled strawberry shortcake by Cybert99, on Flickr

I'm really full but dinner tonight was outstanding! My wife gave me two very enthusiastic thumbs up. :P

Comments