Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rub Storage Question

Options
Krapshooter
Krapshooter Posts: 18
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a difficult time resisting the opportunity to try a new rub product. As a result, I have a lot of different types of rub. Good problem to have, but I'm concerned about spoilage. Do any of you believe there is a benefit to storing rub in the refrigerator to try to extend the shelf life? Just wondering if anyone does that.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Freeze them.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • nuynai
    nuynai Posts: 101
    Options
    Got to agree. I put plastic wrap between the container and lid, than freeze them. Larger are cheaper also.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    freeze them, herbs too, even a half an onion goes in the freezer. the herbs darken to black but the flavor is still better than dried :)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hungry Celeste
    Options
    Do the rubs contain sugar? If so, don't go with the fridge--the freezer is a better choice. But room temp is fine, as long as you have 1)airtight containers 2)a cool, dry, dark place (like a pantry).