Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Side dish for tonights Tri Tip Cook!

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Prepared this salad this afternoon so it had time to chill along side my marinating Tri-Tip I'm cooking up tonight for dinner. Thought some might be interested.

Tortellini SaladThis is a wonderful entrée, or even a side dish for any meal, especially a nice cut of beef. It is simple to prepare and could also be considered as something really easy to carry into a potluck dinner.

eb63d2ca.jpg

Ingredients
 19 Oz. Package of frozen Cheese Tortellini – I chose for this recipe a tri-color pasta (spinach, tomato and wheat) filled with Ricotta, Parmesan and Romano.
 2 – 2.5 Oz. cans of Sliced Black Olives, drained
 6 Oz. of thinly sliced Pepperoni
 14 Oz. Artichoke Hearts, drained and sliced into eights (approximately)
 ½ Cup – Light Italian Dressing

Directions
1. Boil a quart of water and add a healthy pinch of salt, then add the tortellini and boil until it floats
2. Remove from stove top (or egg if you are using your egg to boil the water for the pasta) and drain, let cool to room temperature.
3. In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients and stir well (your hands work well for this)
4. Cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Note: This dish CAN be served warm as an entrée but is best served cold as a salad or side dish.
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241

Comments