Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posted by Poppasam on the BBQ forum

Options
Rusty Rooster
Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to update on Ms.D We had started back on chemo a few weeks ago but last sunday she fell going to the kitchen and went down about five steps to land on the hardwood floor. She fractured the upper leg bone right where it goes into the hip. That got three pins. She also broke the upper arm right where it goes into the shoulder. That was set and strapped tight against her. She went to a rehab facilty on friday and we left there today and came home before it got to nasty . We were not a happy crowd when we left. Home rehab a few weeks and then to a day rehab center later. No doudt she is happier at home and I am also. we hope to get out and cook later this year and visit some contests soon. Thanks ahead of time for your positive thoughts and prayers that this Great BBQ Family puts forth.

Thanks to All,
Ms.Diane and Poppasam
Jus-Fer-Fun Cooking Crew
Cancer---HELP KICK IT'S BUTT!!!

Comments

• 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Wow we will continue to keep them in our prayers.

I never met them but, know they are strong people.

Keep the faith. ;)
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Sam & Diane are truly 2 of the nicest people I have ever met. She has fought her cancer tooth & nail and refuses to give up. They are in our thoughts and prayers always. I hope to see them at the Dillard BBQ contest if they make it...thanks for the updates Tom.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    They had planned on coming to Dillard before this setback. I do not know how or if this will effect thoes plans. Like you I was really looking forward to seeing them there. It is a favorite contest for a lot and we always celebrated their anniversary Saturday night after the competition.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Lordy! Sure puts some of our problems in perspective! :blush: :(

So very sorry to hear of their troubles, prayers and best wishes to them.

Blair

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    So sorry to hear that story. Wishing them the best and hope to hear good news soon.

Regards,
    Bordello