We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin
and Ground Beef Acorn Squash
recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here
ABT's for B-day party tomorrow...HELP plz!
I want to try ABT's for my first time tomorrow. I am going to a family member's b-day party at 5pm. Here are my current thoughts and a few questions.
- 'half-shell' ABT with left over pulled pork from the 4th.
- dry rub the bacon with more memphis dust which is what I used on the pork
- cream cheese
- wrapped in the bacon (obviously)
Here are a few questions:
1. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I've never eaten an ABT let alone made one but I've been waiting weeks for a good excuse to pull the trigger.
2. As there anything else I should consider putting in the turd?
3. Is the pork good in there or should I go buy some little wieners?
4. How early can I make those before the party or should I take them over hot?
5. How do I cook these things anyhow? I've heard 350F indirect/raised but how do I know when they are done?
Thanks very much!