We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs
. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk
, Lemon Pepper
Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak
if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
ABT's for B-day party tomorrow...HELP plz!
I want to try ABT's for my first time tomorrow. I am going to a family member's b-day party at 5pm. Here are my current thoughts and a few questions.
- 'half-shell' ABT with left over pulled pork from the 4th.
- dry rub the bacon with more memphis dust which is what I used on the pork
- cream cheese
- wrapped in the bacon (obviously)
Here are a few questions:
1. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I've never eaten an ABT let alone made one but I've been waiting weeks for a good excuse to pull the trigger.
2. As there anything else I should consider putting in the turd?
3. Is the pork good in there or should I go buy some little wieners?
4. How early can I make those before the party or should I take them over hot?
5. How do I cook these things anyhow? I've heard 350F indirect/raised but how do I know when they are done?
Thanks very much!