Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page
for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day
...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day
! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340
ABT's for B-day party tomorrow...HELP plz!
I want to try ABT's for my first time tomorrow. I am going to a family member's b-day party at 5pm. Here are my current thoughts and a few questions.
- 'half-shell' ABT with left over pulled pork from the 4th.
- dry rub the bacon with more memphis dust which is what I used on the pork
- cream cheese
- wrapped in the bacon (obviously)
Here are a few questions:
1. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I've never eaten an ABT let alone made one but I've been waiting weeks for a good excuse to pull the trigger.
2. As there anything else I should consider putting in the turd?
3. Is the pork good in there or should I go buy some little wieners?
4. How early can I make those before the party or should I take them over hot?
5. How do I cook these things anyhow? I've heard 350F indirect/raised but how do I know when they are done?
Thanks very much!