Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | Youtube | Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.
In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center
! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
ABT's for B-day party tomorrow...HELP plz!
I want to try ABT's for my first time tomorrow. I am going to a family member's b-day party at 5pm. Here are my current thoughts and a few questions.
- 'half-shell' ABT with left over pulled pork from the 4th.
- dry rub the bacon with more memphis dust which is what I used on the pork
- cream cheese
- wrapped in the bacon (obviously)
Here are a few questions:
1. Does that sound like a reasonable plan? I've never eaten an ABT let alone made one but I've been waiting weeks for a good excuse to pull the trigger.
2. As there anything else I should consider putting in the turd?
3. Is the pork good in there or should I go buy some little wieners?
4. How early can I make those before the party or should I take them over hot?
5. How do I cook these things anyhow? I've heard 350F indirect/raised but how do I know when they are done?
Thanks very much!