Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Dumb Dumb Dumb(Don’t do this)

MickeyMickey Posts: 18,048
edited 10:50PM in EggHead Forum
Have the 8 yr old granddaughter for the week. Took to the pool and on the way home she was acting like she had not been given food all week long.
Doing hotdogs on the mini so we had to move. I used the super starter like for the large or small.
Bad mistake: burnt the crap out of the handle Mike (LawnRanger) made me (did not see that coming).
From this point on will stay with the mapp to light the mini. But Boys and Girls – that did light FAST….
photo-55.jpg
photo-54.jpg
photo-53.jpg
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• ZymeZyme Posts: 180
    Yikes, hope nobody got hurt.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,048
    Zyme only my pride and Mike's hard work.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i still think the dumbest thing you have posted was the lines painted at the dealership.... i tell people about that often :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,910
    Hi Mr. Zyme:

I'm right here in San Diego if you ever want to talk Eggs!
    Judy in San Diego
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,910
    Oh, would you repeat the story? I don't remember that post and I hate to miss a good laugh.
    Judy in San Diego
    My only saving grace in that was that I contracted it / did not do it :laugh:
    Please note: this is not a retouched photo, they did this to my lot putting down the new fire lane.
    photo-5.jpg
    The next day they did paint out the line and put it on the other side of the pole.

• Dumb? That's how I always light the mini. Works great! (yep, my handle is black too)

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3, Blackstones

• Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,558
    not to worry....that gives the handle more character. I'm sure Mike will understand....
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Mickey...is Georgia OK?
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Man, o Man,...Buy you books and you eat the covers off of them! I hope you realize that handle was a collectors item. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: only one like it ever made. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Probably looks better now.

LR
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    I say your handle has character (edit) not that it didn't have character. ;)
    Maybe you can send it back to Mike to sand and refinish.

How would you like to have my handle? :woohoo:

There is no hope for my old broken axe handle but it's strong. ;)

000_2497.jpg
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I did that... once.

Kent
    Beli Georgia is fine, just being Georgia.
    Thanks for asking.

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    that's it... man i love that i knew it was not you who did it. and if i remember correctly you were not even there when it happened.. i think that may be one of my all time favorite pictures :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,654
    Dayum Mickey. That was some flame. :ohmy:
    Large, small and mini SW Austin
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    City workers did that? :whistle: Just gotta shake my head. :S he he
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,078
    Well, I can only hope that, if you need them, fire truck drivers in yoiu area are real alert...............also, that you never need them!

;)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon