Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Cook....Chicken!

Options
roughinmill
roughinmill Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After the ribs I thought I would try Chicken. They were juicy, good lunch and the kids liked it too. I need a thermapen so I ordered one this morning, will make it much easier to check internal temp of my favorite..... chicken!!!! :)

2011-07-08_12-52-01_646.jpg

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Options
    Chicken looks as tasty as the ribs.
  • Morro Bay Rich
    Morro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Options
    Told my wife if I could cook only one thing on the Egg it would be chicken. I'm glad to see there is another kindred soul among us.
  • CrazyHarry
    CrazyHarry Posts: 112
    Options
    My first chicken looked a lot like that, but it tasted awful. It was like licking an ash tray. (I put in a BUNCH of wood chips.)

Did you try to get any smoke on those, or did you just rely on the lump? (Which I've been told is all you really need for chicken.)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Rich,
    I know this guy, and if you like chicken more than he does, your insane! :laugh: If he walked into work with feathers next week I would think nothing of it! I watched him eat more KFC and Popeyes over the last 10 years to sink a good size warship. I spread the egg gospel, and fead him egged chicken for 3 years before he finally couldn't stand it anymore! I love chicken as well, but don't think I could hold a light for you guys. ;)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Looks very tasty to me! You did good grasshopper! Keep up the good work.
  • roughinmill
    Options
    Yes I did add a handful of Cherry just before I put the chicken on the egg, enough to get a little smoke but not overpowering. :)
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    That looks great. Chicken on the egg is great.. very moist. I am a big fan of chicken so many different ways to cook it. Doing a spacthcocked one with salsa vertde on it for Sunday night dinner.. out of Guy Fieri cook book, should be bettter on an EGG