Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

anybody else up.......

tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
smoking a 13 pound packer brisket and been wrassling with the egg temp. about half hour in the cook remembered the lawn sprinklers hit the lump bag two days ago.......nothing like a 20 minute shower to moisten the lump, duh! guess one benefit of 100+ temp days is it help dry out the lump. plus, since I've started wrassling, I poured a couple Makers & water to help alleviate the frustration............gonna be a good 4th........

t
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Kew_el_steve
    Kew_el_steve Posts: 354
    Yup. Gettin ready to trim up some Spares and rub them down for later. Spares, Grill'in Beans (Texas Ranchero), and tomato pie for the menu...and beer. B)
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Hey Tom...

I'm still up. Been roasting some fine Appalachiacola oysters and prepping a nice 12lb Berkshire Boston butt to go on the egg. :P

Can you believe I have yet another gift certificate to spend on our web site??? lol

And... going down to the lake to hang out with Todd Hippo and the gang tomorrow to celebrate the 4th!! :woohoo:
  • tjv
    do I need to come up with another gizmo for you to burn the last of the e-gift certs......LOL.

on the bershire butts, do you find them better than the typical Sams or grocery store butt.

you gonna slurp down a couple of them oysters and go wake the wife..........double LOL

t
  • tjv
    that tomato pie sounds good, you gonna post some pix later today......

texas ranchero beans just sounds good, even at 4:30 in the morning....maybe with a mess of scrambled eggs, Texas toast and cup of coffer........t
  • Morning. I'm a new egg owner and new to the forum. Used the heck out of the egg this weekend. I was really concerned last night when I went to bed that my fire would be outbut I woke this morning to find that the egg was holding at about 220. :)
    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience!"
  • tjv
    by labor day, next major holiday, you'll be sleeping to mid morning with no worries........
  • I'm amazed how well EGGs work. Might have to start savin' the pennies for an XL brother.
    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience!"
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Dang T, Bloody Marys shoul be you drink of choice this oily.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    I've always used Sam's or Restaurant depot butts before at 1/3 the price and never tried the Berkshire so will have to let you know how it comes out...

I do want another one of those oval stones. Found it VERY handy for smoking a bunch of Copper River Sockeye Salmon filets the last few weeks (at 160 over Alder wood) not to mention how great they are for ribs!!! I'll give you a call about my other ideas...

Uh oh, The wife just woke up so I had better go see what she wants... ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Good morning Tom, Um Makers and water I guess you will be a easy going camper today. :woohoo: Happy fourth. Wish you well with your cook. To bad about your lump but, I'm sure you have it handled. ;)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I think he is napping right now.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • dsmith
    dsmith Posts: 147
    Yep. Up and scrambling. Nope, not eggs. See my updated post on my 30# butt smoke for an explanation and help if you can. I renamed it to UPDATE...Need Advice. Thanks for checking it out.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I'm up eaten breakfast, I have internal alarm and eye's pop open around 5a.m. every day, even holidays.
    Going the easy route, St. Louis Spares, bucket of ice with beer, bluegrass music.
    Tom, what do you do with all that beef? Ohhhh I get it, there's a party going on. That's right, it's the 4th. :blink:
    Happy 4th of July Tom!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Up and ready for an easy day. No travel, just going next door for brisket and sausauge. Tom & Pam's treat. I'm bringing some abt's for those who like 'em.

Then come home and take a nap and maybe another one.

Got my flag flying though. Same one that flew over the US Capital. And I will be wearing my flag shirt. All because today is my Lucky Day, as it is for ALL Americans.

Haveagood'n

Spring "Lucky Because Of 1776" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • BayouMark
    BayouMark Posts: 284
    Makers sounds like it's just what the Dr. ordered. I'll be cooking some chicken kabobs later for the family. Me and my bride are on a strict diet so no butts for awhile. Also no Makers or Jack :angry:
  • eggsrgreat
    eggsrgreat Posts: 86
    At least once during the day, give a nod to the folks who's eggs set idle while they fight for us to cook today. :cheer:
  • tjv
    now that the sun is up, I can think morning drinks but have no B Mary mix. just gonna be coffee.

t
  • tjv
    yep kinda feel like the president and air force one, using the xl to do the brisket but have the large as my back up cooker. it's cruising at 250 right along side the xl, just encase the xl's lump poops out.
  • tjv
    i'll check it out but you can call me if you like. t
  • tjv
    sounds like you're in for a fun day......enjoy
  • tjv
    I did ABTs and sausage saturday, stay undercover, it's hot outside
  • tjv
    I'll probably chow down on veggies and fruit most of the day. After spending all day cooking, I eat some but not as much as if someone else was cooking......sounds like a diet plan, cook but eat something else.....t
  • tjv
    you got it,
  • tjv
    power napping for couple hours.......
  • 2Fategghead
    Ha! I did the same thing! Haha :laugh:
  • 2Fategghead
    I got up to early myself. :ermm:
  • Yeah just woke up - :blink:

Making ribs today - by the way, I just love the oblong stone that fits in the Adjustable rig.. I use it all the time.