Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where is stike?

Bash
Bash Posts: 1,011
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have not seen Jeff post in a while. Is he away or just busy? Anyone know?

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    He is hurt :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    By an idiot.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Bash
    What happened? I didn't see anything about it. Hope he is OK.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Fidel too...

If Stike is physically hurt, hope things go well for him.

• Bash
    Maybe they are on vacation together? They seem to have a thing for each other :blink:
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    I was wonderin about him and Fidel too.Hope they are O.K.NOT about THEM,,about them posting!Ya'll ain't right. :blink:
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Well, I can understand how he might be hurt about some of the [/i]idiotic posts in his direction, (and Fidel's, too) recently.
    However, Stike brings way too much wisdom and eggsperience to this forum to just disappear.

Stike, I am a bit of a newbie, you can tell from my post count, but I have learned a lot from your postings and I'd prefer not to have to go without them in the future. Why not come back now, and make my 4th weekend?
    Okay?

:)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    cookn biker wrote:
    By an idiot.

I'm sure Miss Hamlin is referring to me. I invite anyone to read his comment to me, and my reply.

Comment:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106921&catid=1

Reply:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106939&catid=1

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    This is true.. sometimes it is just not worth it. We saw him at the NH fest and he was good :) just tired of wading through the junk and yes he believes in not opening a post that does not interest but .... like all of us we hate miss information being given to new eggers that need help
  • Mainegg
    Gee I wonder why??
    Village Idiot wrote:
    Get rid of a couple of prima donnas who think they're God's gift to Egging, photography and the forum, and I'd pay a bit. Otherwise, no.

Note: Any resemblance to a particular member of this forum is unintentional and completely happenstance.

Village Idiot wrote:
    OK, I'll be specific. I was talking about you, a$$hole.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    The stike is resting comfortably. As for Fidel I believe he is too. Frequent applications of cool beverages and an occasional cee-gar should bring them both back quite nicely.

stike may well be one of the nicest and smartest men I've ever met, well, there is Little Steven, Zippylip.

He's on vacation in NH I'll be betting.
  • Village Idiot
    No offense, but if you just cut and paste snippets, you can make anything out of any post.

I really don't think you would want to revive that thread, but if you do, go back and determine who got personal first, what the reaction was, etc.

There are arguments here all of the time, and mostly, people get over it. I would like Stike to come back also, but if he is that hurt, then that's his decision.

Edit:

I will explain one of your snippets via a parable. I was sitting at the bar of The Mason Jar in Houston after work one day, several years ago, having a beer and waiting for a friend. I was glancing up and down the bar, not really looking at anybody in particular. This guy, about 3 stools down, looked at me and said in a very hostile voice: "Who are YOU looking at"? Well, I could only come up with the only appropriate Texan comment I could muster. I said "I'm looking at YOU, ****". And, that's when the fight started. I had to run out the back door when the police showed up.

It was very much like that with Stike. I wasn't referring to him, but he butted in with a direct confrontation. I explained that it wasn't him in a later post.

I invite you to go back through every post I've ever made on this forum. You will find that I have never started any personal attack on anybody. I do react, but I've never started any fight without provocation.

Can we move on now?

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Village Idiot wrote:
    cookn biker wrote:
    By an idiot.

I'm sure Ms. H. is referring to me. I invite anyone to read his comment to me, and my reply.

Comment:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106921&catid=1

Reply:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1106939&catid=1

I think you left this part out:

Posted by: Village Idiot on 2011/06/14 21:01:33
    In Reply to: Re:Would you pay for this forum? posted by stike on 2011/06/14 20:59:47
    OK, I'll be specific. I was talking about you, a$$hole.
    Gary
    Houston, Teggsas
    http://willsononline.com
  • Village Idiot
    Brad,

Please read my reply to Mainegg. I don't know why people want to start a riff again. I told Stike that I don't think confrontations on the forum are appropriate, and if he wanted to pursue it, send me an email. I didn't hear from him.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Excuse me . . . I'n new arround here and I'm lost . . . is this the way to the Weight Loss Forum? :blink:

Did all of you get your Weber's for Christmas too? :huh:

Blair

• Little Steven
    Carey,

Ditto on that.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Misconceptions about stike abound, but rest assured he is not hurt or driven away by any comment made by anyone (pretty sure it’d be easier to drive a truck through the eye of a needle than to accomplish that). Rather, a simple confluence of factors including boredom, redundancy, other interests, & a whole lot of misunderstanding that have compounded over many years despite being one of the most clear thinking members in the history of the forum. I suppose it’s possible he will return in due time, but maybe not.

As for Fidel, a few weeks ago I personally drove down to Georgia & beat the crap out of him, told him to stay away from the forum. He has obviously listened because he knows what’s good for him.

I won’t speak of the midget because he’s still here, like a bad fungus
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Little Steven
    Yes but you can treat fungus

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    you're funny though a little odd. A perfect foil for the troll. You two are like brothers separated at birth. (only he's shorter)Hehehehe :evil:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Mainegg wrote:
    This is true.. sometimes it is just not worth it. We saw him at the NH fest and he was good :) just tired of wading through the junk...

It seems like you are a bit in the "know with this". For a while I was wondering about both Fidel and Stike's absence, a bit unusual for this long a time.

The riff's in the forum happen and I would will continue to happen as long as the forum is an open format. The 'riff' with Gary and Jeff, seemed to me, posts going off the deep end and that things would blow over with a little time passing. I know I have been on both sides and the end of the coin.

Hope this passes and we see Jeff, Rod and whoever else playing in the sand box again. Sure wish I have a good 'link' I could put in here.

Thanks for a little insight.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

Ummmm... It doesn't seem to me Jeff would be that thin skinned - his shovel is as big as the next guys.

Hope he didn't get poisoned from some of that meat he has hanging around is his basement. Been waiting to see how some more of that turns out.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub

I am beginning to wonder if it is some of that meat Jeff has been hanging around in his basement. Too much mold. He then decided to send some to Fidel, and the both of them are in the ER with Rebeca and her crew trying to get the fungus, mold and who knows what out of their systems. Probably a few umbrella drinks and cigars involved too.

GG
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Now don't you go picking on the short dudes, just because you didn't pay your dues doesn't mean your not in the club :angry: :laugh:

101_2901.jpg
  • Mainegg
    Ummmm is Steven like hanging off yours and Marc's shoulders?? he sure looks like it.... :whistle:
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    He said something about a wet tee shirt contest before he dumped that beer on me :ohmy: :laugh: