Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One for the wine drinkers or tator lovers......

Options
tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife likes a glass of wine every know and then. I'm a beer drinker who is learning the wine gig. For me, it's the reds. So today, we had a wine cooler delivered. Nothing fancy, GE's 20 something bottle cooler. It's single temperature, the instructions say for whites and red together, 50 degrees is the proper setting.

Ok, ya'll wine drinkers better take a big swig but one of the first things that came to me was.......what a perfect place to keep the tators..........am I right or wrong on the tators! Isn't 50 degrees perfect for tators? Don't think the wife would mind, keeping a bundle of yukon golds next to a bottle of pinot whatever........

t
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Now you can make a potato au gratin with white wine.

Sauce, White W/Wine

This sauce is good for chicken, fish or egg dishes.

INGREDIENTS:
    6 Tbs butter
    6 Tbs flour
    1 cup chicken broth
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 Tbs sherry or dry white wine
    1 tsp white pepper

Procedure:
    1 Melt butter. Remove from heat, blend in flour and return to heat. Stir and cook a few minutes. Gradually stir in broth and simmer, stirring constantly until thick.
    2 Gradually blend in cream, then sherry or wine. Season to taste. Serve immediately.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Sauce

Recipe Source

Source: Omaha Steaks
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    No need to chill the whites, except put in the regular fridge an hour before drinking. Most whites don't benefit from long term storage, which is the reason to have a wine cooler for many reds which when held at 50-60deg for a minimum of a year will improve significantly.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    crank that thing down and throw a roast in there then just pickup wine everyday on the way home ;)
    your welcome :laugh:
  • oldfishinglure
    Options
    LOL...
    www.finandflame.com

www.oldfishinglure.com
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    you need wine therapy, Tom :whistle:
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Anne Burrell (sp?) used white wine and flour to make a batter that she dipped stuffed squash flowers in. I don't fry much, but I bookmarked that batter for future use.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx