Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Meatloaf - What took me so long?

Options
sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks Gfw for the posted pics of the Mexican Meatloaf and thanks Spicecooks for the recipe. I cooked one last night and now I'm wondering why I waited so long to try it. It was GREAT.[p]I used the recipe from Gfw's site, just the meatloaf portion, have not tried the toppings and sides. I didn't have any green peppers so they got left out and I used 3 pounds of ground beef instead of two. The other ingredients were increased a bit too. It cooked at 325 for about 2 hours, just a bit more maybe. The wife and I and our son whoofed down half of it and I have half of it for lunches now. Man it was good, and simple too.[p]Thanks again Gfw for the pics (inspiration) and the recipe Spicecooks, mucho appreciado.[p]Troy

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    sprinter, funny, but tonight I'm also fixing my first meat loaf and started the preparations last night slicin' & dicen' however for my first entree I'm following Cat's receipe to the T! Let you know tomorrow. ^oo^~

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    one feral kat,[p]You're in for some good eats. I laid a LOT of cherry smoke to mine as I was cooking it, awesome addition. Good luck.[p]Troy