Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easiest way to add bricks under egg

Options
doubleapex
doubleapex Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Large egg... Have bricks...can't lift her alone. Is my only option to take her apart?

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Ask a neighbor for help and promise the best home cooked food as thanks?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• doubleapex
    doubleapex Posts: 82
    Options
    My neighbor has his wife mow the lawn, so he's not much help haha
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 382
    Options
    Loosen the top band and take the top off. You can also take out the fire ring to save a few lbs. You could also try wedging it up with a crowbar to get it lifted enough to get the bricks under it. Not a big deal to take apart, and could save some smashed fingers.

As Griffin says, suckering a neighbor works, also.
  • Doug in Eggmonton
    Options
    You don't need the second person to do any lifting. Empty the egg, lift one edge enough to get one firebrick under, the hold the egg up on that brick while your assistant slides the others in place.

Doug
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Here is exactly how I did the same thing. I used a block of wood (2 x 4) as the fulcrum and a flat bladed shovel as the lever. I positioned it on one side and had my wife push down and up the egg came so I could insert the bricks under. Worked wonderfully without the need to dismantle my egg!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    He meant the neighbor on the other side... :whistle:
  • B&BKnox
    B&BKnox Posts: 283
    Options
    Pot lifter works great but still requires a friend or two. I took mine apart and was able to lift enough for wife to slide ceramic feet in.
    Be Well

Knoxville TN