Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Sauce / EVOO / Vinegars recommendation

Options
LoisLane
LoisLane Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Are we allowed to give unsolicited product recommendations on here ?

I would like to recommend one BBQ sauce made in my state, and one flavor fused EVOO / vingars company across the country. I am not financially tied to either business, and both places do online sales for those who do not live close by.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    We love recommendations..... ;):) :woohoo:
  • Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    I like BGE and have made a few "Likes" in the past.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    Bring on the suggestions. Can't wait to find out! B)
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Definetly yes, I like to pass on info about good products and I like to hear from others about stuff they have found and enjoy :)
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Over the past few years lots of people have started threads like "favorite rubs/sauces," "best hot dog's," etc. There doesn't seem to be any prohibition about talking over the quality of cooking ingredients.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Since you brought it up. Here is a speciality oil/vinegar store we love to shop at. They have a porcini mushroom oil that is the best on a steak just before serving.
    Just ask Vidalia1
    http://www.shopfromolivesandgrapes.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=splash&sid=oap4eme4a3f9x4886nqk1774a46j2l42
  • LoisLane
    Options
    Great.

So- the BBQ sauce is one we discovered this month at our local EGG dealer. It was used during an EGG demo (on chicken and pork loin) and it happens to be made here in Georgia. It is called Super Sauce.

We used some this weekend on wings, at the end, and they were very tasty. The sauce is more bright red and on the runny side vs a thicker / darker / sweeter rib sauce.

http://www.supersauceitsmightyfine.com/index.html

The reason I like it so much is because it is NOT spicy. Ingredients do list Cayenne, but it did not bother me at all. Hubby Tom LIKES spicy things, but still enjoys this sauce. I am sure you can doctor it up if you need to make it zippier for your taste buds. :evil:

Next, for the Flavor Fused EVOO's and Flavor Fused vinegars - we found a place in Denver last fall. It is called EVOO Marketplace : www.evoomarketplace.com

Ironically, they carry many of the same flavors / styles that the "From Olives and Grapes" place that Richard recommended above ! In fact his place is a tad less expensive on a few items - so I will keep them in mind. ( I just placed an order out west.)

I am still mentioning the Denver place in case you are out in that area. It is a wonderful shop to visit (right of the 16th Street Mall) and enjoy tastings and creating your own blends for salads or marinades or taking the owner's suggested conconctions. I never thought straight EVOO or vinegar or "cocktails" of the two could taste so delicious. Also, depending on which side of the country you are on, shipping may be more economical from the FL vs the CO store (or vice versa)- so happy browsing / online shopping !
  • LoisLane
    Options
    Richard,
    That porcini mushroom oil sounds right up my alley - but I don't see it listed on the From O & G website. Is it possible they discontinued it ?

Many of their flavors are the same as the shop we found out in Denver - I love that Organic Tuscan Herb oil on many things - whether cooked inside or on the grill.

A fantastic pairing for salad dressing is:
    Persian Lime oil w/ Cinnamon Pear Balsamic. Yum, Yum, Yum. :silly:
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Just talked to the store owner and he said the wholesaler got in a bad batch of porcini and will not have it replaced until Oct-Nov.
    However recommends the black and white truffle as a substitute.
    Sorry I was going to get some more as I am just about out and he is only 15 minutes up the road.
  • LoisLane
    Options
    That must be nice to be that close.

The place in Denver just had a Father's Day sale (which then makes the prices the same as your FL place). My order includes a "Wild Mushroom & Sage" EVOO - I am looking forward to trying that. Also the new Cranberry Pear White Balsamic should be interesting.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    A good place to say this: Learned at an olive oil tasting (yes!) that I love spanish olive oil a lot more than italian; italian is a bit more astringent... Was told that Spain has a longer, warmer growing season; makes sense...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Some of the best food in the world comes from Spain.Olive Oil,Serranno Hams,etc.Italy gets a lot of attention but Spain trumps em in many aspects when it comes to food. ;)