Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Total nonsense!!

Options

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Marty,

Could you imagine what this place would be like if every Tom, **** and Harry posted different shtuff they want to sell? :blink: It wouldn't be pretty

It's also against the rules.

Do people sell stuff because of this forum? Sure they do, they just do it in a more creative fashion. ;)
  • Feeding Frenzy
    Options
    Cough! Choke!!! :S Still trying to get that sales pitch out of my throat!!! :ermm: :pinch: Sorry dude...been cruisin' here a while now, and that was 'not' cool.
    So 3 posts related to handles, and you responded to one related to Pastrami. This is not a sales forum. NEXT!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Marty,
    Your handles are made of nice wood and finished well but they have very little appeal over the stock handles.
    No charm, originality or character.
    There are others on this forum that make real nice custom handles.
    Might be worth your time to do a forum search for handles and take a look.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Well said...well said indeed Darian!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    Options
    Boy i am glad someone said something. Imagination and creativity are NOT running wild in that supposed wood shop! Try just a tick harder next time :huh:
  • BB1857
    Options
    Apparently Marty didnt like the fact that he got called out on something. Quote from him below.

OK, so I made a mistake and announced my product in a wrong forum, I guess. So you take it upon yourself to dis me and my woodshop. You obviously didn't even take the time to see what I make. If you can't add to a thread, just leave it alone.

I really hope you aren't representative of the caliber of people on this Forum. I liked it until I got your negative on negative post.

Your right I didnt see what you make, because if this handle is representative of your work i wouldn't bother.
    I can tell how much you liked the forum. Your participation level is directly tied to you trying to sell your product. Good luck with your business.
  • funkyQzer
    funkyQzer Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't mind at all being called out on something I do wrong. What I do mind is someone taking cheap shots at me and my shop without so much as looking at my work.

Kinda sounds like you just jumped on the bandwagon and tried to take it to the next level of negative.
  • BB1857
    Options
    Marty,

I did look at your work. Remember you posted the pics of the handles. I gave my opinion on them and whoever did the work. Never commented on your other work. It may be beautiful, it may not. At this point it doesnt matter. I wasnt jumping on a bandwagon of any sorts.

I apologize and wish you good luck in the future with your shop.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Yes! There are some EGGcelent handles custom made on this forum.

DSCN1073.jpg
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    So you have me interested. I have gotten nothing but postive feedback on this design and the workmanship. Yet, you find massive fault in the design and the person who made it.

If there is something in this design that offends you I am open to feedback.

I believe you are just mad that I am a newbie and broke a rule. Just belly up and admit it!
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    Thanks. I have seen that one before! Pretty cool and fits me real well.
  • BB1857
    Options
    Marty this has nothing to do with you being new or breaking a rule. I am glad you have gotten positive feedback on them. I didn't read much of it on this thread though. Like I said and another has said. Your handles don't differ much from a stock handle. Sure they look nice but I am not buying a handle to replace a stock handle with another that looks like a stock handle without the logo. Most custom handles you will see that do well have tons of imagination and a lot of character. Yours have neither of those features. Nice workmanship just no individuality.
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    Well, why didn't you just say that in the first place instead of trying to take down me and my woodshop? That's what I meant about the bandwagon effect. It's easy to make assaults on the keyboard when you don't have to be accountable for your actions..... nuff said
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Marty, I have held off replying to this post although I thought from the beginning that others were overly critical of your work.
    Yes, you broke a rule, but nobody needs to jump down your throat over it.
    No, your handles do not fit the "character" that most eggers are looking for, but no one can deny the quality of the workmanship or the beauty and symmetry of your design.
    Please stay with us, this really is a great place :)
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Brian,
    Sorry he jumped your butt over my post. All you did was agree with my post and I was very clear and specific with my reasoning.
    Many great products are talked about and pimped on this forum. Some fall short and never make it. Some people also get upset and can't handle the truth.
    Have a great weekend Brian.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    "It's easy to make assaults on the keyboard when you don't have to be accountable for your actions."

You are correct, see you on Ebay.

"trying to take down me and my woodshop"

"I believe you are just mad that I am a newbie and broke a rule. Just belly up and admit it!"

Are you kidding me???
    Get a life and grasp on reality. These posts "only" described a snooozer of a handle design based on your posted photos. Your wood working skills were never in question or scorned.

Oh, and "newbie" point is BS. If your posts are just marketing you are not a newbie, you are a salesman.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BB1857
    Options
    Thanks Darian. I completely agree. Not the first time someone didn't like my opinion. Have a great weekend yourself!
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    I would really like to thank the 360 people from the Egghead Forum that visited my Website and purchased my products today. I couldn't have done it without the controversy stirred up over my "bad" design. Seems like a lot of people from this website do like my designs.

I am targeting people who appreciate fine furniture. I am not targeting those that wish to carve a handle out of a tree branch.

Thanks again for the support.

Marty
  • BB1857
    Options
    Marty

So now your attacking people that enjoy very unique pieces with tons of character. Or maybe your attacking people that prefer to make something themselves from a piece of wood that their son or daughter brought back to them from a trip in the woods rather than buy your fine furniture. Heartless. :evil: Man talk about assaulting a whole group of people that you supposedly are not targeting. (this is all very tongue in cheek because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings) Enjoy making your "fine furniture" handles.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    The problem is you are "targeting people" not here to interact on a forum. No comment as I haven't looked at your site just like an unsolicited sales call I'll just hangup ;)
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    You do have some beautiful handles and an obvious woodworking talent...but you might want to re-consider using the BGE froum to spam your product..after all your very first post was promoting your custom made handles..now you even have it as your signature....I aint opposed to anyone making and selling a nice product..but every forum post shouldn't be a sales pitch..
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Apparently I should have read all the other replies before posting my reply....which I didn't...If I had of read them I wouldn't have had to repeat what others have already said..
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Feel free to send me the list of the 360 forum members that visited your forum "and" purchased handles today and I will order one as well. I call BS to your sales.

Sounds like another sales pitch.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Feel free to send me the list of the 360 forum members that visited your forum "and" purchased handles today and I will order one as well. I call BS to your sales.

Fine furniture, you make handles and serving trays. Comparing your skill of making BBQ handles and serving trays to fine furniture is kind of funny.

Sounds like another sales pitch.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Okay I had to look. 360 orders and 5 days to make one? I guess our friend will be too busy to pimp his stuff around here for a while :laugh:
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    No actually that was 360 visits to my Website redirected from the Eggheadforum, which I appreciate. I still don't understand the big beef here..... I post my handles, you don't like them don't look at them!

Jeez!
  • funkyQzer
    Options
    For that I am sorry! I got that on the very first response to my post. But then the posts started getting nastier (with no response from me). Oh well..
  • FlaPoolman
    Options
    It's the forum rules about advertising. There are a few great craftsmen here but they don't pimp their products as users will if they like them.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Marty,I tried to tell ya.Don't get offended.Your handles are great.This is a different place than the BBQB.Folks here will bend over backwards to help ya.That's why I posted a pic of Richard's handle in your other forum post.Join in,share,then,politely mention that you make handles on the side if anyone is interested.If you spend a little time here,interacting with folks,you will see that it is a friendly place.Sorry if you were offended,but there are craftsman handle makers here that have been doin custom handles for years. ;) Good Luck my friend.