Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Onion recipe

Options
BB1857
BB1857 Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok so this isnt as much of a recipe as it is just intruction on how to make a killer onion with almost no fuss. If you have used this method you will know it is so tasty.

Items needed

1. Large vidalia onion
2. Butter(salted is best) For those watching what you eat, i have used butter substitute as well.
3. Beef bouillon cube
4. HD Aluminum foil

Take a large Vidalia onion, peel and core the center out. I have found my jalapeno corer works great for this. Stuff a good amount of butter in the hole. Next push your bouillon cube into the butter. Now stuff the top of the hole with more butter. Wrap the onion in HD foil and place on your Egg anywhere from 300 to 400 for 40 mins to an hour depending on the temp you use. You never have to touch the onion while its cooking and is best not to. You don't want to puncture the foil because all the goodness will run out. Pull off Egg and place in a bowl. Remove foil and make sure all the juice stays in the bowl with the onion. Chop or slice to your liking. This is a great addition to steaks or burgers. My wife and son HATE onions but when i make this they love them. Go figure. I hope you enjoy like we do! Happy egging ;)

Comments