Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DMBGE and the INFAMOUS HAMBURGERS!!!!

Peterplant76
Peterplant76 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Yall,

I think I am getting the posting pictures on the side down now. Can't figure out how to get them smaller but I will have to figure that out another time.

I am posting some pictures of our latest BBQ. We cooked 20 decent size hamburgers. They were amazing. The manager of the DFAC hooked us up with some REAL HAMBURGER MEAT!!! We normally have some sort of premade hamburgers that are always gray.... Not sure if they are soy or what but not comparable to an actual grilled hamburger. So enjoy the pics.

We have here is the warm up crowd. Nothing better than smoking a cigar with your buds while waiting for the grill to get going.
P6170757.JPG

First batch. Huge burgers.
P6170760.JPG

Our lineup of fresh burgers off the grill with all the fixin's in the back.
P6170764.JPG

The cigar / grillin' club!
P6170768.JPG

With a mess like that it must be good.
P6170769.JPG

Taught the egg how to shoot. :evil:
P6170771.JPG

Happy Soldiers enjoying their burgers.
P6170773.JPG

P6170774.JPG

P6170775.JPG

P6170787.JPG

Soldiers just relaxing and socializing.
P6170776.JPG

What can I say..... He's from California :ermm:
P6170779.JPG

Got down to the last 4 burgers....had to protect myself and the egg. lol.
P6170782.JPG

To the guy on the right. Can we say FOOD COMA?!?!? :woohoo:
P6170788.JPG

Chris

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    I just about bet that them burgers smell better than the afganies. Thanks for the post n pics. Nice the troops enjoying some much needed down time. Fly Navy. Milesofsmiles to Y'all :):):) Ronnie.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    hey Chris! Looking pretty good! I do have to say your backyard BBQ is looking a bit diff then ours! Hopefully everyone will be home safe and sound and grilling their own burgers as soon as possible! I bet that is one popular spot to hang out.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Great post. I know your hamburgers were fantastic because we had them last night as well. :P

Thanks for the post and all the wonderful pic's and thanks for all you all do.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Great pics and some fine lookin' burgers. It is nice to see some happy, well fed soldiers.

If you want to change the size of the pics in the first set of brackets you can add

img size=350

(You can replace 350 with whatever size you prefer. If you use the little img button it will default to img size=150.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Chris that has to be the the most used Mini in the world for its time over there :laugh:
    Thanks for the pic's and KEEP them coming please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Glad you guys and gals are able to relax a bit in 'hot' territory. That's quite the bunker you're hunkered down in.
    Real fresh meat ROCKS on the mini! :woohoo:
    Thanks for your hard work and commitment.
    Clay
    Beerforthecook0002.jpg
  • ron4fish
    ron4fish Posts: 144
    Thanks for everything guys!!! I really like the "Don't Touch My EGG Or Burgers" Alarm set-up!!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    very nice! thanks for sharing!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,505
    Chris, thanks for sharing the cool cooks and pictures from the front line. If you don't mind my suggestion, since BGE comes in Medium as well, how about calling your baby DmBGE? my two Canuck cents! :P Happy Egging!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Eggcellent
    Eggcellent Posts: 69
    Great looking burgers! Could be back yard America if it weren't for all weapons.....or maybe it could be if you lived in South Central LA.

Thanks for your service!!
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Thanks, guys, for making it possible for all of us to enjoy the freedoms that you have secured for us. Take care and may you continue to enjoy your egg as you have made it possible for us to enjoy ours. Take care...Gods speed..............
  • Hey Yall,

Thanks for the support. The grilling really has brought up morale within the unit.
    I will change the DMBGE to DmBGE. That was a good suggestion. Thanks Gary.
    Tomorrow we are going ot grill Italian Sausage w/ bell peppers and onions. Should be intersting. Any tips on grilling italian sausage???
  • It is so nice to see everyone enjoying the mini egg. If there was ever something that could bring morale up, it is good food cooked on a BGE.

Thank you all for your service to our country.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    So wonderful to see the happy, well fed soldiers. Enjoy those cigars!
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Great pic. Guns and BGE.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Chris - so happy to see that the egg is getting put to good use. I am very thankful to you and all of the soldiers for the job you do. Look forward to more posts and pics! Be safe and God bless you all! :)
  • Chris,

Thank you for everything you and your team does.

Nice to see you everyone smiling and sure hope you are safely home very soon.

Burgers look fantastic BTW!!
  • great photos...in my war we did ribs on an old pit we made in the field...

I never tried to cook off a round in the handle though...gotta love the fiends...no one like them..

still get together two to three times a year with them, no bothers like them...even after 35 years...

if you do run out of lump charcoal, let us know we will send more....Keep Cooking and stay off the skyline...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Hey Chris,
    Once again, a great bunch of pics of all of you enjoying the BGE. Please keep in touch with us and continue to share pics of your cooks.
    Also, thanks again for all you do on your side of the fence.
    Bless you.............

:cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon