Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Infrared Thermometer on Buy.com

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received an email from Buy.com with some of their latest deals. Among them was this:

Infraredthermometer.jpg

So I went to their site to see what other kinds they may have. Looks like they have quite a few at some very good prices. Here's the link if any of you are interested.

Could be a nice Father's Day gift (although a bit late).

http://www.buy.com/sr/searchresults.aspx?qu=infrared+thermometer&qxt=home&display=col&suggest=1

You're welcome.

Spring "Stand Back I'm Hot" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I am guessing that is not used for the cooking product, just the fire to cook or the cooking vessel?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I think it would come in handy to check your Egg for gasket leaks, your home for cool or warm air leaks which loaf of bread to buy at the bakery. Or you could just have fun with it at the beach confirming which girl was the hottest LOL

I ordered the next step up but had to pay shipping.

Spring "Boys And Their Toys" Chicken
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just how is the checking the hottest girl at the beach going to work out with two broken arms :whistle:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Just so everyone knows, as far as I can tell, all of those thermometers have a fixed emissivity setting. They will work fine for most dark dull surfaces, but will give totally bogus readings on anything shiny such as a stainless steel pan.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    Options
    I've got the Maverick Infrared surface thermometer. I use it mainly to check the surface temp of my pizza stone. The thermometer on the egg might read 600+, but it takes a LONG time for the stone to get that hot...and I've found that it's not necessary for it to get that hot. I start baking pizzas when the surface reads around 520+.

It's also just fun to go around the house checking temps. Televisions get warmer than I thought they did...