Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

crack in draft door opening

mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
edited 11:46AM in EggHead Forum
Ever seen anything like this? I tried a few searches and didn't see anything about it.

Egg is only a few months old...

photo1.jpg

Comments

• c tredwellc tredwell Posts: 575
    Looks like a casting flaw...watch it close!
  • egretegret Posts: 4,063
    Is that a superficial crack in the glazing or is the ceramic beneath also cracked? If the latter you may have a warranty issue, assuming you're the original owner and you've submitted your purchase info to BGE via warranty card included with your new BGE documentation.
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    I think it's more than the glaze, but I'll have to take another look at it. How thick is the glaze?
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    To me that looks a little deeper than the glaze.

egret wrote:
    Is that a superficial crack in the glazing or is the ceramic beneath also cracked? If the latter you may have a warranty issue, assuming you're the original owner and you've submitted your purchase info to BGE via warranty card included with your new BGE documentation.

Do they really need the card?

I waited a few months after sending mine in expecting some sort of confirmation. The lady on the phone said they don't have it in their system, but if I had any issues I would just need to go into a dealer with my original receipt. False sense of security?
    context is important :)
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 19,175
    if its cracked you will see it continue down under the egg, much easier to see underneath. you may also see it inside if you clean it out and remove the box, its easier to see mostly on the bottom underneath
  • mentsminmentsmin Posts: 29
    As best I can tell, you can see the entire crack in that photo: it is limited (at least currently) to the draft door opening.