Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

i guess bge really just doesnt care

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,759
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
with all the posts lately you would think a representative would come forward on this forum and address the situation. never used to be like this, someone always came forward to try and make things right. have things really changed that much
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Some of those representatives that occasionally post have been fired, I mean quit.

No idea what the mindset of HQ is. Other than new management is to possibly 'help' the company turn around, grow faster, or prepare for a sale.

This happens over and over again. Some 'hot shot' comes in, watches what goes on, fires a few people to get respect and/or to create fear. Then the changes begin. The objective is to make more profits or grow the company, which is what management should do.

I have wondered if, from the HQ point of view, HQ sees the forum as promoting non BGE products and dealing with problem that keep pooping up.

However, you are correct, the bottom line is no one from BGE has denied the rumor or has come on to say they are bring out a new and improved venue.

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    come to the NH fest and we can discus it :) You REALLY REALLY need to come... very important.... besides I want to pump you on what you did for tile work (there I fixed it) in your bathroom
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Frankly, my impression over the last 10 years is that they hardly ever show any interest or participation in this forum. BobbyQ did sometimes on behalf of BGE, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was his own initiative vs. any direction from BGE. In fact, I recall one specific incident where they called me (the only time ever) and asked me to get on the forum and discourage one particular topic of discussion. I would have thought it would have been more appropriate for BGE to post their wishes here than to ask members of the forum to.

I really think if BGE had truly valued this forum that a) it would have been hosted by them and b) it would have been funded by them. Nothing wrong with the way it is, just observing.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Well, Julie! :ohmy: :ohmy: Such a thing to say on a family-oriented forum!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    ? getting kinda personal there aren't you? :whistle:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you should reread that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I wasn't going to say anything but... :woohoo:

• Mainegg
    Options
    oh crap! I mean shoot!! LOL I meant the tile work!! didn't you do tiny slate tiles??
  • JOJayhawk
    JOJayhawk Posts: 27
    Options
    I certainly hope that is not the case. As I've previously stated, the #1 reason I bought an EGG was because of this forum and the opinion of the forum that the customer service at the mothership could not be surpassed. I bought an XL in April after months of research. Whether it was on this forum or others if the question came up of BGE vs Grill Dome or Primo most of the time the answer was BGE because of the accessories and the excellent customer service.
    I hope my first experience with customer service isn't the norm from now on. I e-mailed the mothership more than a week ago about a gasket issue. I know gaskets are not an unusual problem, but I thought it odd that my gasket came off after only a few cooks of which none were at a high temp. I have yet to receive even an acknowledgement of my e-mail.
    I love my egg and I love the info that can be found on this site.
    Overland Park, Kansas
    XL
  • fishlessman
    Options
    2 inch square tiles in granite walls and ceiling, smooth granite stones on the floor. i bought everything from a granite counter place, had them cut all the big pieces, if i did this again, i would have done 1 piece walls and beefed up the floor, alot of work figuring how to cut the small trim pieces and fit it all together. email me anytime with questions, going to be with the dog til the end on weekends, theres only a few left
    fukahwee maine

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Mike, sorry to hear about the vigil - we went through that a little over a year ago and to this day it still hurts inside.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    got you :( it seems our egging dogs are all failing together.... so very sad... when we get to that point I will give you a holler. hugs to the 4 footed baby.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I would call rather than email.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Seems to me a downturn became evident when they released a cookbook full of information that was less than ideal to put it nicely, and did so without the input of the CIA trained Chef already on their corporate staff....who happens to no longer be employed there.
    That being said, I am still a big fan of the Big Green Egg, have been for literally decades, and always will be.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Change isn't always good for all involved. Question is, who is gonna get well on this change?
  • Chuck222
    Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Options
    After spending a career in marketing, I can tell you the most valuable form of advertising is the word of mouth variety. If I was a dealer I would look at this forum as a great vehicle that ultimately supports my retail efforts. Facebook or Twitter has value for making connections but the information exchanged on this site is far more valuable for maintaining a loyal, informed customer base. So back to my point about the retailers. I suspect the corporate office requires their retailers to participate in some kind of co-op advertising program (pool their funds to pay for product literature and limited ad materials). If I was a retailer, I'd want a portion of my ad dollars to support a forum like this. If one or two dealers say something, the corporate office will probably ignore them. If all the dealers in a particular region wanted to keep the forum going, I suspect they might have a bit more clout.

Just saying.

ChuckL. ;)
  • Isolated01
    Isolated01 Posts: 157
    Options
    Prices are going up and service is going down. Sucks:(
    Still not going back to the weber:)