Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just waiting and waiting and

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I can't believe it. Its only Tue. Can't take delivery of new egg till maybe Fri. May have to buy a new thumb twiddler. Worse than waiting for Christmas morning used to be. Please go easy on those explicitly graphic pictures of ribs etc. Every time you post one, I get drool all over my keyboard.

Comments

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    Options
    Gord,
    That isn't very long -- Kona Tim had to wait WEEKS for his to arrive on the Island of Hawaii![p]I know he feels your pain![p]You may as well hit the grocery store and get some meat in the frig and start it marinating so you'll be ready![p]Good luck![p]b~F

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Gord,[p]I know what it's like to have to wait for a new toy. Where are ya located. If anywhere in Northeast Ohio, I can set ya up with a loaner.[p]K~G

• SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    Gord,
    Just think, with all of the time you have to wait, you might be the first EGGER to have his meal ready to go on the EGG before you get it! Go ahead and plan your meal, get it ready to throw on the EGG and then let us know how it turns out.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gord,
    Good time to make sure you got all your goodies. Firebricks, firestarters, long tongs, long oven mitt, plenty of lump. Maybe a weber grate for a second grate. Foil drip pans, and maybe a v-rack. Stock up on spices too![p]You'll make it thru the week![p]I was fortunate enough not to find this forum until a few days after I made my purchase! The pictures of food folks post here are brutally explicit. For your keyboard's sake, I hope it comes soon![p]Good luck...yell when you need ideas or help.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    Gord,[p]As mentioned off-line, congrats on the purchase. To all others, you've got another 'Canook' joining the ranks, so be ready for meat weights in kilograms and distances to the butcher in kilometres! Gord is getting up into the North country (Kingston, Ontario), so be ready to submit some moose and lake trout recipes!
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    BBQfan1, Shucks..the only borders we have on this forum is, well, is, is, ...I'm thinkin!! :-) Tell him off line if need be, "Welcome Aboard"!!
    C~W[p]