Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING - Smitty @ Eggs by the Bay - HELPP!!

Options
Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OMG Smitty!! First off, let me humble myself & say that I'm an idiot :blush: - between work, school, and doing freelance design on the side, I haven't been on the forum for quite a while, and now that I'm in my last week of classes for the Spring quarter, I decided to get on the forum & saw your notice about the Eggs By the Bay Eggfest...

Needless to say, I forgot to sign up - and I saw that it's completely sold out!!! :(

Soooooo, was wondering if there is ANY way I can still get in (actually it would be me, my GF, our son, her sis & her husband & their son - so, 4 adults, 2 children).

I'd be willing to cook, and the adults would be willing to volunteer to do whatever - take tickets, clean up, etc (or we can work 2 shifts of 2 ppl). Whatever we need to do in order to still go - is there ANY possible way this can be accomplished????

Purrrrty pleaaaaaaase?????? :blush::whistle:
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    Highly recommend that you try to contact Smitty via email.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

ummmmm, Smitty might even have a phone, who would know....

• fieroguy
    Options
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    Hey guys - yeah, I sent him email as well, and also called. Just spoke w/ him & the event is very full. He's got enough cooks & volunteers, so it looks like ye ole "ya snooze, ya lose" has reared its ugly head for me.

I am putting the event into my Outlook to start reminding me about 3 months in advance for next year (it's usually around the same time of the year).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...

I may just have to hang around & get the scraps after everyone starts going home - hehehe :whistle:
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

Mike, I was wondering if I worded this wrong. I was trying to be sarcastic with a little help on the side. This old fart doesn't know much but I do believe there are telephones up that way. :laugh:

Thanks for posting the phone number.

Be well my friend, Kent
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I don't know if it is possible, but does Smitty have a waiting list in case of cancellations? YOu might ask if anyone here has tickets they'd like to sell. I've had to cancel a time or two for 'fests.
    The Naked Whiz
  • fieroguy
    Options
    No problem Kent - I imagine THIS old phart knows even less, and I betcha they DO have fones.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Be well. Kent