Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the forum

Options
onedbguru
onedbguru Posts: 1,647
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my XL BGE for almost 2 years now. Wow, time flies when having fun. I use it year round - even been known to shovel a path through 3.5ft of snow to get to it just to have a nice juicy NY strip.

Last night did a pork shoulder for pulled pork. It cooked for a little over 15.5hrs at approximately 220-225 using a dry rub (with my secret recipe). We then took it to a friends house where we cooked a pp bbq pizza - he only had a classic weber, however, it was still pretty good. I will be investing in a plate separator and pizza stone very soon! I have been trying to convince my wife that pizza on a grill is a very good thing. Now that she liked what we had, I get the new toys :)

If you are looking for a killer dessert, slice a fresh pineapple and soak it for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better) in tequila, brown sugar, vanilla and pinch of cinnamon. Then throw it on the grill for 2-3 minutes a side (depending on how hot you have the grill). If you don't want/have the tequila (some people don't drink), you can substitute water.

Looking forward to many more posts/replies in the forum.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    You need to try Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head man :)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Welcome to the forum.

Where ya located?

We like to see pics of cooks!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Welcome to the forum....interesting idea on the pineapple...I've been on a Malibu kick recently - stocked up on pineapple and coconut - I'm thinking the coconut might be a worthy substitute for the tequila??? Will be looking for more of your posts and pics too! :)
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    How dare you put such a sinful idea in my head! Dang you and thank you all rolled in one. Malibu here I come!