Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rub Life

Options
SheepDog
SheepDog Posts: 176
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thinking about ordering the sample pack from Dizzy Pig, but I'm concerned about the shelf life. I see they have a small sample packs, but they really wouldn't be big enough to use on the larger cuts of meat that I would use them on. Would ordering a bottle sampler be a waste of money if I didn't use them in a year or so?

Comments

• Brokersmoker
    Brokersmoker Posts: 646
    Options
    Keep in cool dry place, I think they'll be ok. I always find that I'll use my favorites and the rest will sit there until I get tired of looking at them :ermm:
  • mtbbq
    mtbbq Posts: 14
    Options
    I ordered some of their 4 oz bottles a while ago. For what it's worth they have a "best by" date on them and it is Nov and Dec of 2012. They think they'll be good for 2 years.
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Options
    I find I use the most versatile ones a lot. Order the sample pack and make some wings, pick out the ones you like and go from there. Dizzy dust is used here alot, then raging river (i think that's the name), then shaking the tree, and pineapple head for me.

I also love the coffee one, and have occasionally used swamp venom, but I'm working on my ability to handle spicy stuff and that's on the edge for my wussiness. Oooooh and tsunami spin, i use it less often but it's really unique and I really like it. Oh dear....... haven't really cleared anything up for you have i? :unsure:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Staci, show us your D.P. shirt! :whistle: :woohoo: I happen to know you own one. :laugh: