Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT-How's the weather where you are?

Options
Boxerpapa
Boxerpapa Posts: 989
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Because here in Norcal, we are still enjoying Winter conditions. :angry: Rain all day today. Snow in the sierras. Usually we are in the 80's-90 degree weather this time of the year. I have yet to jump in the pool. Tornados (nothing like the Midwest), which is not common for Northern California.

Hopefully Eggs By The Bay will see normal conditions for this time of the year. Hope you all around the country are enjoying nice weather. Rain rain go away...

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Seems like Dallas skipped spring and jumped right to summer. High 90's today. Hot and humid.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Broken Arrow, OK (just outside of Tulsa) is going to be 91 today. Already getting hot outside was 97 yesterday. Been a great week to have off.

Speaking of the Tornados I am very glad that we had a good week of weather for the teams in Joplin digging out of the disaster. Several of the people I work with have been up in that area supporting our customers and helping them stay in contact with the friends and family.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I'm with you on this weather here in the bay area. It should start to get better next week, Tuesday or so.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Will you stop all that crap. You keep sending your weather over here, except when we get it it is snow.

2 days ago 17" 50 minutes south of me, a skiff with a ton of rain here and 23" of snow 20 minutes to the east.

This last week we have had heavy hail, snow, winds up to 78mph and until today the highs have been about 48° Today we may get in the 70's and higher the next couple of days then plunging way back back down again. In the mountains there is still close to 10' of packed snow. We can't even get into the campgrounds and probably won't be able to until mid or late July.

So far we are 265% of moisture. We are flooding now but with the temperatures going up to the 80's we are preparing for heavy flooding in some areas.

It is cool but nice outside. Ross's post has me wanting to plant some tomatoes.

Keep all those storms right where they are. Have a good weekend.

GG
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    RAINED Thursday night!!!!!!!!!!
    First time in 100 years!!!!!
    Otherwise hot, dry, and windy
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Consistent heavy rain and thunderstorms here for the last month. Mid fifties

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    DOW, saw that storm on the weather channel and wondered if your were getting rain. Wish the rain had wandered in our direction :(
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Hot, humid and windy, well not too windy today. We just a good so rain for a couple of days :(
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    here on the coast of Maine we are having a nice fall day... 60, sunny and cold ocean breeze. I am not going to complain though cause since we got back from Florida, the first of may, we have had nothing but pouring rain and maybe this is about our 7 day of sun since getting home...
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• skihorn
    skihorn Posts: 600
    Options
    Here in the Houston area we set or flirted with record highs each of the last several days - high 90's which is real hot when you are this close to the coast and have the humidity. We don't usually see those temps until July. We are also, in the worst short term drought that I can remember.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Gary, that is too cool! Do you have an electronic weather station or what?
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    HOT...94° today 98°tomorrow and 96°Monday.All of my yard work is done for a few days so I will take a break.

Larry

B)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Not bad considering...

Weather6-4-11.png

But it's so dry here that it'll take a couple of tropical storms to fill us back up.

Spring "Deep In The Heat Of Texas" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Hi Joan.

Thanks. It's a weather station on my roof. It transmits to a controller next to my computer, and I upload to the internet every 5 minutes.

Here is a picture of it.
    http://willsononline.com/station/index.html

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    That's pretty cool Gary. But your wind speed thingee showed a high of 142 mph one time and a few seconds later it showed 157 mph. Must be that circulating fan you have in your back yard to keep your chickens happy.

If you lived closer I would just bookmark your site instead of the National Weather Service.

Meanwhile, I was thinking about getting a knockoff version of the Weather Rock but the rock place does not sell them.

Here's the original version:

http://www.jeffowenartworks.com/FUN-Sculpture/WeatherRock/WeatherRock.htm

You could use it to test your system.

Spring "Weather Rock Does Not Lie" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Sure glad no hail or worse!
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    100+,humid,hazy.Heat index is forcast to break 110 this afternoon and we have an ozone warning. :(
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Sunny, 92º @ 2:00pm, Humidity about 42% and dropping. Fire weather warnings in effect but that is normal for this time of year till the summer rains get started up. We are blessed with good air movement. First part of day we can have a sea breeze from the east coast, later in the day our sea breeze will pick up and come off the Gulf. When we have the humidity in the summer and the two sea breezes meet over us we get our summer afternoon thunderstorms that can cool the evenings off very nicely, usually down to about 75º. We are only 210 miles north of the geographical Tropics and are close enough that many climate maps will display our climate as tropical. Hahahahaha, after 27 years down here I believe them. :lol:

Have a great weekend All,

Blair

• CNL
    CNL Posts: 96
    Options
    Hotter than Georgia asphalt. But I'm in Georgia so just hot, really hot. For this early in the year especially.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    My large egg does the same thing as the Weather Rock. I never realized that I had a weather egg too. :lol::lol::lol:
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Went from a very cold, wet stormy spring into full summer heat. this week has been high 90's, high humidity, normally july weather for us. hope it dries up for the eggfest!
  • CVDSmokeShack
    Options
    Kent;
    How are you my friend; we are already burning up here in northeast FLA 91deg now heading for 101 in the next few days...need rain really bad!

Chris
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    2:55pm Dayton, OH

90 degrees and sunny. Mild breeze at 12 mph and 60% humidity. It's hot :( , but not as humid as it usually gets in Dayton in the summer and thank goodness there is a mild breeze. :)
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    90* Humid, and smoky from brush fires.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    90* Humid, and smoky from brush fires.
    More meat please !! :-)
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    HOT!!!!! Upper 90's and humid the last few days. 7 day forecast is more the same. Heat warnings until 10 PM. About a week ago we were in the mid and low 50's. Normal is low the mid 80's during the day and 70's at night.
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Our temps are below normal too. Should have been in triple digits a month ago, but today just 93. I'll take it! Except the wind has been bad this spring, uprooted one of our palms.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ouch!

Steve 

Caledon, ON