Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fajitas!!

Options
crunk
crunk Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tried Flank Steak and Chicken Fajitas for the first time tonight..I was suprised at how tasty the steak was. I was a hero with my wife and kids tonight!

Tequila Lime Marinade
IMG_1755.jpg

Onions and Peppers ready for the cast iron skillet
IMG_1758.jpg

The Meat!
IMG_1762.jpg

Getting Close..
IMG_1763.jpg

Add a Beer....
IMG_1768.jpg

Success!!
IMG_1771.jpg

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Oh My!
    Wish'n I was there . . .nice cook!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Nice job on that cook.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Options
    Great looking cook. I was wondering though, How much enfamil goes into fajita's? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    I love using flank steak for Fajitas, it has great flavor and easy to cut. The price is still not bad ether. When I was a kid they use to call Flank Steak poor mans steak. Now it's so popular. Good Eats
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    I can normally find a good ribeye cheaper than flank steak. Like you said, it's a popular lean cut.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • crunk
    Options
    Lol!! I wasnt going to say anything but 2 scoops of enfamil is my secret ingredient in the marinade...
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Looks mighty good! I've tried all kinds of fajita meat and have settled on skirt steak. I think its more tender than flank.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    I've pretty much settled on flap steak for fajitas. Skirt steak is really good too (and actually, the only "real" fajita meat). Flank is too lean - great for stir fry, but not for fajitas, IMHO.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Last summer I cooked fajitas twice in the same week, once with skirt and once with flank steak. The skirt was really tough. The flank steak turned out incredibly fantastic and got rave reviews. I didn't buy the meat at the same place, but they were both around $5 per pound (paid way too much for skirt).

I have repeated the lime marinade flank steak fajitas with great results.

I am still willing to try skirt again with two changes. Buy it from the mexican grocery store for $2.50#, and marinade it for 24 hours.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    Greaat job!!!
    nice fajitas
    how long do you leave the met in the tequila and lime?
  • crunk
    Options
    Lobicho, I only had time to marinate for about 4 hours. I was very suprised how much the of the marinade flavor the meat took on in such a short time. I think its better to marinate it overnight but who ever has that much time???
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Tequila lime marinade is one of our favorites. Great looking fajitas! Wish I was around for one of them.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • MattyMc
    MattyMc Posts: 81
    Options
    I've made the steak fajitas from the BGE cookbook the past 2 weeks and they are amazing. My wife's homemade spicy guac really makes it! She said it is one of the best dinners we have ever made.
    Chester County, PA