Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Wiggle Rod ordered from Tony

Options
smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some of you may have seen this post:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1092034&catid=1

Well, I have been wanting to upgrade from my bent coat hanger, so sent him a note. One week later, here it is! Very impressed:

003-34.jpg

004-36.jpg
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    Options
    So what's the general purpose and use of a wiggle rod?
  • smbishop
    Options
    Poke it up under the fire grate to increase air-flow to the fire during a cook.
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Nice wiggle rod you got there. I made my own but, it's not as fancy as yours. :)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    IMHO a good vigorous stir down from the top before I even start my fire and then add new lump beats bothering with a wiggle rod for 95% of my cooks.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i once posted a closeup pic of my 'wiggle rod' and got all sorts of grief for it. yours looks nice though
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • smbishop
    Options
    I agree, but hey, It's an eggcessory and I am still new enough that I want to eggcessorize my toy! There is always that 5% when I can pull out my customized handle...
  • smbishop
    Options
    I had been looking for something other than a coat hanger. Afte Tony made his post, I thought, "I want one of those!" Anyway, I appreciate that he was willing to share his skills get one sent up to Washington state...
  • smbishop
    Options
    I can only imagine. :laugh: Did you use a macro or a wide angle lense? :lol:
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Photoshop
    mrandmrscaroot.jpg

(last time i posted that, some pansy complained to the webmaster. Hahaha)
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • smbishop
    Options
    That is what I am talking about. Hoss has inspired me to plant some erynons, now I am adding some karots to compliment the Gerlic we have been successful with!
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    Very nice! I thought about getting in touch with Tony with a request myself but while rearranging my garage I noticed a small paint roller that by cutting the roller end at the right place would make a perfect poker even though not as nice it will work for now. I agree with stirring the coals thoroughly making sure the ash falls below and sweeping the ash out the bottom then adding new lump before each cook pretty well solves the clogging problem.
  • smbishop
    Options
    Thanks Mark. I kept looking for a simple solution. After seeing Tony's post and his offer to make a few more, I sent him an order....