Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best In Smoke

Options
Gulfcoastguy
Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well my homeboy Brad went down tonight. I wonder if some of the competitors votes were based on how Famous Dave had a bum knee? Anyway I hope Brad starts using his dad's sauce at The Shed because I admit his regular sauce is a bit too sweet for me.

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Kudos to all of em! :) I assure you I would have Bit(h-slapped ALL of the judges by now,live ,on TV, if I had been a competitor. B) I would not be humiliated by 3 know nothings on national TV(unless it was guranteed) and I'm sure the publicity was worth more than that. :whistle: Those judges are clueless.I would LOVE to challenge the 3 "judges" to cook against any egghead I know. :P Oh well, ;)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I have a hard time believeing it was anything other than the food.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Could be, like I said I think his usual sauce is a bit sweet. But two of the competitors who were still in the running got to vote. Conflict of interest?
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    Only if you question their character :huh:
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well it sounds like you know them and I don't so I'll take your word for it. Have a good night.
  • Crimsongator
    Options
    I've never met the guy with the tats. I know a little about the guys from Gibsons since they are 30 minutes away and Chris' assistant is a regular on this forum (Ken aka Hoss' BBQ). I would say they have a great reputation and would want to compete against the best!

Our boys have been stoked about actually knowing somebody who is on The food Network. I am looking forward to a trip down to the beach to try some of The Shed food. I hear nothing but great things about it. Maybe we can catch up if we get close. Nite
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, try to make it on a weekend night so that you can listen to some great blues music.
  • BigGreenDawg
    BigGreenDawg Posts: 327
    Options
    I was very curious about those tile covered Kamodos? Anyone know anything about them, they're works of art; I wouldn't trade my egg for anything but am very intrigued.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    BigGreenDawg wrote:
    I was very curious about those tile covered Kamodos? Anyone know anything about them, they're works of art; I wouldn't trade my egg for anything but am very intrigued.

i know i've seen pictures of them with varying amounts of tiles fallen off and they don't look as appealing under those conditions. i would't turn one down, but i think they are three to four times the price of an lbge.