Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stupid hot dog ?

Options
SmokinJ
SmokinJ Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,

I have a cookout every Memorial day and I like to have everything done before people arrive.I keep eberything warm in the oven until we serve. If I put grilled hotdogs in a beer bath covered with foil on a heat plate will that keep them plump? I hate when they sit and get shriveled up.

Thanks

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Leaving dogs all day in a water bath seems to work for vendor carts. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you. How 'bout letting 'em sit in beer, butter, and onions, and then place them on the grill for just a minute before serving? If I was a guest, I wouldn't mind waiting a minute for the host to plop a dog onto a bun fresh of the coals.
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    Thanks for the input . I use to cook and serve but I switched it to a buffet serve style so I could have free time visting with people and not be at grilling all day.
  • SmokinJ
    Options
    Maybe I will do some of the smaller things like dogs during and the other foods prepared.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That would be my choice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut