Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stupid hot dog ?

SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
edited 4:30PM in EggHead Forum
Hello,

I have a cookout every Memorial day and I like to have everything done before people arrive.I keep eberything warm in the oven until we serve. If I put grilled hotdogs in a beer bath covered with foil on a heat plate will that keep them plump? I hate when they sit and get shriveled up.

Thanks

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,619
    Leaving dogs all day in a water bath seems to work for vendor carts. Don't know why it wouldn't work for you. How 'bout letting 'em sit in beer, butter, and onions, and then place them on the grill for just a minute before serving? If I was a guest, I wouldn't mind waiting a minute for the host to plop a dog onto a bun fresh of the coals.
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    Thanks for the input . I use to cook and serve but I switched it to a buffet serve style so I could have free time visting with people and not be at grilling all day.
  • SmokinJSmokinJ Posts: 220
    Maybe I will do some of the smaller things like dogs during and the other foods prepared.
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,663
    That would be my choice.

Everybody knows there’s three acceptable condiments for a hot dog; there’s mustard, onions and stagnant cart water! That’s IT!   ... Jon Stewart

Michael 
    Central Connecticut