Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Wiggle Rods

BBQTony
BBQTony Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I got my Large Egg as a Christmas present from my wife and son and LOVE IT!! As I learned to cook on it I began using it more and more and now I cook on it 4 to 5 times a week.

As a result I am constantly thinking of new things I need to enhance the Egg experience. I bought some accessories like a raised grate, pizza stone, Thermopen, remote thermometer etc. but I was still using a bent coat hanger as a wiggle rod.

After cooking for my son and his wife a few times, he decided he had to have one as well. We are now a two Egg family.

In addition to cooking on the Egg I am also a woodworker so I decided to rectify the situation. Below are the results of my efforts. The handle is turned from hard maple. the ferrules are solid copper and the rod is 1/4" for strength and durability. I looked online but didn't find anything I liked so I just had to make my own. (The second one is for my son.)

Wiggler1.jpg

Wiggler2.jpg

Comments