Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

got a new camera, first pictures

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited 11:47AM in EggHead Forum
i recently bought a new camera to take some pictures with. i ended up getting a canon powershot s95, which i'm still pretty clueless on how to use properly, but in due time.....

007.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

thanks for looking!

hopefully the food and pics will keep improving with time.
·

Comments

• dugdbugdugdbug Posts: 244
    Arrggh is it lunch time yet! :woohoo:
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Looks great Jason! and it looks like you have been busy with it :)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Jason, those are some mighty fine looking photos & cooks. Congratulations
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    SWEET!
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    What did you get?
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    Lawn Ranger wrote:
    What did you get?

canon powershot s95
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    I didn't realize that cameras now had 'smell' and and 'taste' features. I could sure smell and taste that.

I'll keep my smeller and taster ready for some more shots.

Spring "The Enhanced Version" Chicken
    on Spring Hen's computer
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    Jason,

Great pics! Stepping back and looking at this objectively we are a disturbed bunch aren't we? :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Photos look great... Food looks even better!
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
    ·
    Little Steven wrote:
    Jason,

Great pics! Stepping back and looking at this objectively we are a disturbed bunch aren't we? :laugh:

Steve

hahahaha. indeed!
    ·
    Take some shots of the kids too and you will be fine B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    "which i'm still pretty clueless on how to use properly"

Clueless works for you. Pictures look great and food looks even better.

Just got back from fasting blood work test. You are killing me. Can't wait for lunch...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
    Little Steven wrote:
    Take some shots of the kids too and you will be fine B)

headed to sandestin for the weekend, so i'll get plenty!

i'll miss my eggs though.
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,592
    It sure looks like you know how to use it! Those are some fine looking pics.

Can you share some details on those short ribs in the first couple of pics. They look incredible!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    nice. i wish i had a decent camera. nice to have a fast enough lens and all that there's no need for flash. your closeups look great, flash woulda ruined them (like it ruins half of mine).
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    At least we are not standing in 4 feet of snow in sub zero temps taking food photos :woohoo: like the nuts up north...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    You either know how to use it better than you think, or you got lucky a bunch of times. I can almost taste that food. Common lunch time....hurry up, I'm starving.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
    Griffin wrote:
    You either know how to use it better than you think, or you got lucky a bunch of times. I can almost taste that food. Common lunch time....hurry up, I'm starving.

thanks. i think i got lucky a bunch of times.
    ·
  • Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Looks like you have the hang of it to me - nice pics
    ·
    Darian,

Four feet of snow is over some of our heads :blink:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Grillin GuyGrillin Guy Posts: 302
    Great pictures, Jason! Is that first pic those Italian short ribs you were going to cook? I would love that recipe.
    ·
    Grillin Guy wrote:
    Great pictures, Jason! Is that first pic those Italian short ribs you were going to cook? I would love that recipe.

they are. i'll send you a message about those short ribs. i was pleased with the final product taste, but that's it...
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,592
    Hey...I asked about the short ribs first!!! :angry:

Just kidding. :laugh:

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
    i'll post about them here after work.
    ·
    took these tonight with mixed opinions on my part. something is still not right....

001.jpg

002.jpg

005.jpg

009-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

016.jpg
    ·
  • TheophanTheophan Posts: 287
    I bought the same camera about a month ago, maybe actually a few months ago, now that I think about it, and I LOVE IT!!! It's just superb! You made a great choice, and the pictures you took feeling like you didn't know what you were doing are GREAT! Just keep experimenting, trying different things. One of the great things about digital cameras is the film is free ('cuz there ain't none)! :) It costs you nothing to keep shooting pictures.

One thing to look into, if you are willing, is the RAW option. I had NO idea what a big difference it would make. If you don't like messing with stuff on the computer, don't bother. But I set up a tripod and took exactly the same photo a whole bunch of different ways, and I was very surprised at how big a difference shooting them in RAW format makes. But I use Photoshop all the time, and it was fun fooling around in Adobe's "Camera RAW," and if none of that sounds like fun to you, don't worry about it.

Great job! Enjoy the camera!

Theo
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Do you have windows in the way of putting a roof over some of your deck? It's a nice detail. ;)
    ·
  • Looks like you got the hang of cooking and photography. Congrats on the new camera.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • JBUG99999JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Nice pictures! We have the S90 and just got it back from the service center after an accidental fall. :blush:
    ·