Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

The Egg Has Landed!!!

CaptDaveCaptDave Posts: 54
edited 5:39AM in EGG Table Forum
Finished my table, built a cook shed and assembled my Large BGE! All that took a few weeks, but here it is. Cooked on the egg for the first time yesterday, oh.. what a great feeling it is!!

bd2f1bc0.jpg

60f4ea54.jpg

d95445d8.jpg

Can't wait to cook my first Butt!

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Very nice job!! You are gonna love it :P
    Welcome Aboard :) :)
  • CaptDaveCaptDave Posts: 54
    Thanks Capt.Frank,
    Cooked chicken wings first, turned out great, then Boston Butt and Ribs... all good but I do need to learn some tips and technques from you guys to get the results I want. My wife is now more interested and is talking about Egg Fest! how cool is that! Thanks!
  • IQthere4iamIQthere4iam Posts: 106
    Table looks great! I also love your patio area.

I am thinking about building a stand alone covered patio so I can keep the smoke out of the house.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,457
    Love the set up, CaptDave. Great pation and table. I am green with envy.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Just a thought.... With our son living in Savannah, we were empty nesters, but now we have a new GREEN EGG to nurture.
  • SomedayMommySomedayMommy Posts: 193
    Sooooo nice! Just beautiful.

Are you by chance a lefty?? You are the first I've seen that has the table turned around the other way. ;)
  • SomedayMommySomedayMommy Posts: 193
    Sorry! Wrong spot...I was saying that is gorgeous (Cypress?) and asked if you were a lefty! ;)
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Awww yeah.

Looks really nice. Job well done.

Ted
    Hey Stacie,
    Thanks, I'm really enjoying it! You know, I really put alot of thought into which side of the table to mount the egg. It really came down to putting where it would be on the outside edge of my cook shed and the area where food and things would rest would be more toward the middle. My thoughts, I like to grill in all kinds of weather... I'm right handed and left brain I guess! Ohio huh.. you get some cold wet weather up there!! Thanks again, David
    Thanks Ted, love this egg thing and the website!