Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! Recommendations please - seafood medley

Options
smbishop
smbishop Posts: 3,053
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife purchased a Seafood Medley from Costco today:

002-29.jpg

I gotta do this on the BGE!
Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm assuming that the seafood is all precooked if it says it's only supposed to be sauteed a couple of minutes.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Believe I would approach it with the lemon garlic butter after sauteing in cast iron skillet or dutch oven. Paella would be a great way also, but much more work. Post results. This could be a very delicious meal. :)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Looks like the perfect beginnings for a seafood paella.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=715388&catid=1

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/paella/paella.htm

Looks difficult but not really. Cast iron will work in a crunch.
  • smbishop
    Options
    Thanks for the links! I gotta make me some paella! :)
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Seattle Todd
    Seattle Todd Posts: 227
    Options
    My first thought was Cioppino (along with Paella which has already been suggested! Then I checked out your pick again both of those are indeed the serving suggestions on the bag as well. :laugh:

I'm sure you probably know of the local Seattle chef Tom Douglas? Don't know if you have any of his cookbooks but his 2nd one has a seafood stew recipe that takes some work, but is awesome! This package would actually GREATLY reduce the work.

Good luck and almost certainly will see you at the PNW Eggfest, Scott!
  • smbishop
    Options
    Thanks Todd!

Looking forward to meeting you at the PNW Eggfest.

I have not heard of Tom Douglas, but will look up his cookbooks.

Funny, I didn't read the label before posting! :laugh:
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    Scottborasjr wrote:
    I'm assuming that the seafood is all precooked if it says it's only supposed to be sauteed a couple of minutes.

I picked this up before.. I believe it's raw.
    context is important :)
  • smbishop
    Options
    Yep, raw, looks good!
  • smbishop
    Options
    Maybe I could convince my wife that at Paella pan would make a perfect Father's day gift...