Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

carnitas

MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
edited 8:47AM in EggHead Forum
this was a non egged item but worth sharing. I made a boston butt in the crock pot with spanish paprika, garlic powder,thyme, and ground red pepper. I sliced an onion and cooked over a low heat all night. This afternoon I separated the meat from the fat and I put some of the onions and meat into a CI pan and broiled for 10 minutes. In the meantime I had taken some salsa picante and added onions, garlic and fresh cilantro, and heated in a pan. 5 corn tortillas heated in the microwave and I had carnitas that were off the chain.
:woohoo: :lol: :P :lol: YUMMY
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    pictures?????

i mean shoot jan you have been around long enough to know that one :laugh:

sounds good ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • BeaumontyBeaumonty Posts: 171
    That recipe sounds delicious. It reminds me that I have been looking for someone who has prepared (or wants to prepare) tacos al pastor via the egg. Are you familiar with a good recipe and/or thought about adapting one for the egg? I have never made them and the recipes on the internet are so widely divergent that I dont know how to choose.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    ask beli he knows how to make it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Beaumonty: Here is one of Beli's posts for Tacos al Pastor with a recipe. Use the forum search tool...there are several more entries there you can read.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=804580&catid=1
    ·
  • MetalheadMetalhead Posts: 668
    Terry, I don't know if you have ever noticed, but I don't think I have ever posted a pic. I just don't know how to do it. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
    ·