Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

carnitas

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
this was a non egged item but worth sharing. I made a boston butt in the crock pot with spanish paprika, garlic powder,thyme, and ground red pepper. I sliced an onion and cooked over a low heat all night. This afternoon I separated the meat from the fat and I put some of the onions and meat into a CI pan and broiled for 10 minutes. In the meantime I had taken some salsa picante and added onions, garlic and fresh cilantro, and heated in a pan. 5 corn tortillas heated in the microwave and I had carnitas that were off the chain.
:woohoo: :lol: :P :lol: YUMMY

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    pictures?????

i mean shoot jan you have been around long enough to know that one :laugh:

sounds good ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Beaumonty
    Beaumonty Posts: 198
    Options
    That recipe sounds delicious. It reminds me that I have been looking for someone who has prepared (or wants to prepare) tacos al pastor via the egg. Are you familiar with a good recipe and/or thought about adapting one for the egg? I have never made them and the recipes on the internet are so widely divergent that I dont know how to choose.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    ask beli he knows how to make it

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Beaumonty: Here is one of Beli's posts for Tacos al Pastor with a recipe. Use the forum search tool...there are several more entries there you can read.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=804580&catid=1
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    Terry, I don't know if you have ever noticed, but I don't think I have ever posted a pic. I just don't know how to do it. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: