Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: kitchen progress

Options
Zyme
Zyme Posts: 180
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
about three weeks left and it'll be done. The cabinets on this side of the island face the patio and that's where my BGE stuff goes--so this isn't entirely off topic! :laugh: :laugh:

Before:
kitchenbefore.jpg

During: (we thought about putting a spa there for a while :P )
holycrap.jpg

This week:
cabinetsdone.jpg
cabinetsfrompatio.jpg

I'll post again when it's done. We're sick of living off microwaved food upstairs but excited about how it looks.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Zyme,

Looking good! Are you planning seating on the island? We live around ours.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Zyme
    Options
    We really went back and forth on this--in the old setup we ended up only ever using the kitchen table and not sitting at the bar. So we traded seating there for storage instead. Most of our friends would have gone the other way, like you did.
    We had a party before the demolition while it was still "Cold" here in San Diego (yeah, I know) so the patio was unused. Everyone just stood in the kitchen hanging out, mixing drinks and eating CWM ribs that came off the large. We looked at each other and said, yeah, having lots of room for people to hang out in the kitchen is what we want.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looking great!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Kailas
    Kailas Posts: 146
    Options
    Looks nice, but I expected to see a LBGE in a custom installation somewhere in that kitchen!
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Looking great! That is quite a transformation.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    It is looking great !!! Will be watching for more pics as the project continues.... ;)
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Nice remodel, didn't look that bad before. It will soon be over and enjoy. Looks like time to upgrade that staircase, give me a call. :)
  • Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    Looks great, what brand of cabinets did you go with?
  • Zyme
    Options
    Local outfit called Imperial Cabinets. HIGHLY recommended--great tradesman did the install.