Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT...Joint Pain

2»

Comments

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    have you tried glucosomine with chondroiton?
  • Hey Rascal, your NSAIDs/COX 2 are going to work best due to their anti inflammatory effect. Tylenol does not help with inflammation. Also, be careful with fish oil products, they can have an effect on bleeding time (they have anti-coagulation properties) so if you are on meds for that or have any bleeding issues I would refrain from using these products.
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    I have pain in a lot of joints. I've taken lots of drugs over the years, and what really works for me is soft gel Advils (ibuprophen). Each one is 200 mg, and if I'm going to have an active day I'll take from two to four of them, ALWAYS WITH FOOD!

If your doctor will prescribe 800 mg ibuprophen tablets for you, it beats four Advil because there's no filler involved and you get a stronger jolt. I save that for really bad days! Again, take it with food, or you may have gastric problems.
    Judy in San Diego
  • I've had all sort of aches and pains over the years. Some are old age, some are "I have abused and over used myself" and for the most part I have been able to get good relief from 800mg. ibuprofen.
    But recently (past year or so) I have really gotten some bad, bad stuff going on and it was time for the doctors to get called in!
    My regular physician couldn't come up with anything and sent me off to rheumatology....That jump started a train that I'm not sure I want to be on....
    First off; they have (I'm sure gallons by now) done many blood profiles (this is still ongoing) and I may / seem to have indications of an inflammatory arthritis, perhaps Psoriatic as I have the mussel and tendon pain associated with that...And psoriasis is in the family tree, a generation back.
    No matter, I started taking Sulfasalazine which seemed to be working....Until I had a bad allergic reaction! Tried it again on doctors orders, and again had a bad reaction. I WILL NEVER take a sulfa drug again! WOW!!! That was no fun at all...
    Now they want to try Methotrexate which has a number of side effects that honestly scare the hell out of me.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I can relate to the nasty reactions of sulfa Jerry. Hope you find some relief soon.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Egglectic
    Egglectic Posts: 95
    edited August 2011
  • At least it is helping for you!!! If it was only the sun I was worried about....I'm thinking I would be a happy camper..
    Seems I can't tolerate ANY sulfa!!! BAD, BAD reaction!! Three times now! I'm OUT!! Even if my Doc. wants we to do it / try it again, it WILL NOT happen.
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    As I recall, Methotrexate is commonly prescribed for those who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. I was misdiagnosed with RA about 20 years ago and was placed on a regimen of Methotrexate. Alchohol is prohibited with Methotrexate, as the liver is under routine surveilance for damage from the drug.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    This works for me....

P9072800-2.jpg

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP