Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg prep question??

Options
Rafter R
Rafter R Posts: 120
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After cooking a low and slow ... how do ya'll prep the egg for a higher temp cook w/o getting that burnt fat smoke smell into the next cook?

I tried pizza after an L&S and it had hints of burnt drippings smoke. I tried cookies this time post L&S and just let the egg "burn" dome open for awhile. That seemed like a waste of good lump to me, but if that is the way then that's what I'll do. Your various solutions will be appreciated.

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    I catch all the fat/drippings in a drip pan, so no fat on the coals to worry about.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Options
    Typically on a L&S I am cooking indirect with a drip pan involved, as the NW said. Probably the only way to remove the drippings is to burn them off so that the flavor is not effected. Not really a waste of lump, but rather a necessity when not using a drip pan. Sorry for not having a better answer.