Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I got my Blue Hog BBQ sauce in the mail today.

OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
edited 7:25AM in EggHead Forum
It was very well package I guess it was worth the extra shipping cost. Being from the south I seem to like the Tennessee Red better than the regular. It was just a test with some bread. My wife even liked it so I can't wait to give it a try.

Comments

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    It is hard to beat, if you don't like it I will send you my mailing address! :laugh:
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,482
    I got mine on Wednesday and tried it on a ham steak that night. It is very good, but to be honest I'm going to have to find something to add some kick to it for my taste. Any suggestions?

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • RRPRRP Posts: 21,371
    May I make a suggestion? I have nothing to gain from my endorsement, but I really like the Jalapeno sauce from this site. Side by side you would think you were tasting Blue's regular with a bit of kick added to it. Not burning hot by any means but a nice twang to it. BTW the creator of this sauce as well as Blue's used to be on the same BBQ competition team until a falling out - that might explain the similarity!
    http://www.stickypigbbq.com/othersauces.htm
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    Re- gasketing AMERICA one yard at a time!
    Tenn Red makes a terrific finishing sauce when served warm over sliced pork loin. Your guests will think you slaved for hours making it! :laugh:
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • OconeeDawgOconeeDawg Posts: 148
    Is it s vinegar based sauce?
    No - it's a sweet sauce just like Blue's Regular, but with a jalapeno twang to it.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,482
    Thanks for the link RRP. I'm going to give it a try.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE