Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uses for extra lamb meat

Options
KC Transplant
KC Transplant Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I egged a boneless leg of lamb portion but the wife and I couldn't finish it. So, after making prime rib for Easter, I had to find a use for the left over egged lamb in the fridge.

Luckily we had to go to Whole Foods tonight to pick up some snacks for the wife's commute to and from work, so that gave me a chance to walk around look for something to help with the lamb leftovers....and then I saw garlic naan. I then zoomed to the dairy fridge and picked up some tzatziki.

This is my creation:

13f8aa46.jpg

The wife was impressed and happy. Which is the most important thing.

I have to say I REALLY liked the garlic naan and the flavor it added to my simple gyro.

Comments

• smokeybreeze
    Options
    Lamb meat makes a great pizza topping.

I've made lamb curry pizza that got rave reviews. It consisted of red onion, thin slices lamb, cheese and a home made curry (you could also buy 'Chef Pascal Curry Lemon Grass Sauce' as a nice bottled lamb curry sauce - google it)
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Looks tasty and healthy!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • KC Transplant
    Options
    smokeybreeze wrote:
    Lamb meat makes a great pizza topping.

I've made lamb curry pizza that got rave reviews. It consisted of red onion, thin slices lamb, cheese and a home made curry (you could also buy 'Chef Pascal Curry Lemon Grass Sauce' as a nice bottled lamb curry sauce - google it)

That sounds really good.

There are two things I have on my list of things to try and pizza is one of them. For some reason, I'm completely scared to try it. Don't know why. I'm perfectly happy to run the egg up to 600 to sear a steak but a wuss to run it that high for pizza. One of these days I'll give it a try.

The other thing I want to try is brisket. I still haven't done one.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Ku made a thin crust pizza with some of our left over Easter Leg o Lamb :woohoo:

Left overs can be as good as the first meal!

Nice naan burger B)
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    That looks really tasty, KC. Excellent work.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas...Bookmarked :)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx