Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Standing Rib Roast

Options
2»

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Q, not inside the house, but there are plenty lurking outside waiting to get in when you open the door!

One time I opened up the front door, and a crab ran in! That was fun (not really).
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Molly, it is Alexia, in the freezer section.
    Wish you were here!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    BobS, thank you and here you go. You have to give this recipe a try. My mom swooned over it, seriously.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1073097&catid=1

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Faith, it's a 2 quart.......an attachment to my KitchenAid. I have plenty of the main ingredients!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    LUNCH!!!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Too bad, Julie. It's officially summer here, we had a late afternoon giant thunderstorm again today.

• Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Lovely! just dang lovely! I am sure when the teenager is a little older he will look back and appreciate all your attention to details. I feel sorry for his wife :blink: :blink: you have set the bar very high!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Egret, I will email the recipe. I know you will like it!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Susan, that is very nice. I never thought of it that way before. Actually I never thought of him ever getting married.... that seems very far off at this point! Well, at least he will know how to use a culinary torch!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you very much, Tim 2fategghead. I think you should try the garlic/tomato dip recipe, it's a winner.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Hoss. That is very nice of you to say. I am not big on the dessert thing, but these were worthy.

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Faith, you really cooked a beautiful Easter dinner and the leftovers looks just as good! :)

So glad you had plenty of sunshine. It was dreary and rainy in Dayton.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Faith what a fantastic cook, savouring every bit of it here in Sonora. Have a great week
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Very nice Faith. Got to find Julie's horseradish recipe.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    beautiful meal. some day i hope to have plates and napkins that do not have sponge bob on them. your table looks wonderful.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Rebecca, sorry about your weather there. Thanks for the compliment. I know you cooked someting wonderful.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Beli, A Happy belated Easter to you and Loren! I know you are having a wonderful time just by the pics of the food you have posted. Safe travels to you.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Steve, Julie posted this yesterday to Tim 2 fategghead's request:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/horseradish_sauce/

I can attest that it is delish.

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Stike, thank you. I am so blown away by your unbelievable Easter spread with every kind of meat known to mankind, that I didn't even care that you may have used SpongeBob plates and napkins! Thanks for noticing that I used real plates. And if you are interested, I have a set of SpongeBob sheets you can have, (twin sized)! Not kidding! How cool for me that the disinterested teenager now watches Jersey Shore instead of Sponge BooB. Woo Hoo.
    (yes, I call him Sponge Boob)

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Hey, Firetruck, Thanks!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Thank you, Ranger Ray. Sorry it took me so long to acknowledge. I got inundated with responses, which I did not expect!

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Serial Griller, Jon, Thanks for your nice comments. Creme Brulee is awesome!

• Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    would ya mind sending it to me too. Mine is the same size as Johns. TIA :)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Thanks Faith I will. :P

I have the recipe. :)
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Hey Steven, Jules recipe is great and Cindy also made this one. She halved each and I loved both. Scroll down to the dip recipe. Tim ;)

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/40421635/ns/today-foodwine/
  • 2Fategghead
    Options
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    ...the disinterested teenager now watches Jersey Shore instead of Sponge BooB. Woo Hoo.
    (yes, I call him Sponge Boob)

;):) :laugh:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Better be careful what you offer, might must take you up on it.

It is snowing right now here in the valley. Vibrant green grass being covered with a white blanket, arg. Time for the snow to stop. The roads up tot he ski resorts are closed due to snow and avalanche danger, that will end in a few hours.

All I do is lean back and picture that shot off the patio. Yup, I would trade in a hear beat.

Kent