Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cloud Service / Music Sharing

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I read about the new Amazon service that came out on Monday, and some of the associated controversy and complaints by music labels. The service appears to be billed as primarliy a free file backup service from what I can tell. Evidently an Amazon spokesperson called it's functionality "the same as an external usb drive". So does one read between the lines and assume that folks can and will upload mp3 files, then share login/password info with others to download the files? If so, is this lega? And if it is legal, I have about 2500 song titles to share/trade. :)

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I'd be very concerned about the RIAA being able to identify the downloaders and then filling suit on individuals as they have done in the past.
    Many years ago I "borrowed" a ton of music mp3's
    from the newsgroups. Not sure now of how safe that is now though even using a 3rd party service.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap