Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy Passover !

EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Happy Passover to those who celebrate the holiday.

I don't know if it is "kosher" to cook on the EGG but I plan on doing so. A tri tip and chicken.

Enjoy the holiday.

Chag sameach.

Gary

Comments

• dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    I made a great haroset and horseradish for the Seder and a "mock chopped liver" for an appetizer. We're going to friend's Seders both nights- a big relief not having to cook, etc.

A friend that attends wants to look for the "Yaphet Koto" as he calls the afikomen.
    Enjoy
  • EGGARY
    EGGARY Posts: 1,222
    How do you make your Haroset ?
  • dubah
    I'm sure this isn't exactly as the recipe reads, but it's something like:
    6 apples, cored and 1/4rd
    1 cup walnuts
    2 tbs honey
    3 tbs red wine
    2 tsp cinnamon
    Small handful raisins or dates
    Run it through a food processor to desired consistency - I like mine like mortar-
    Let sit out for a bit, drain excess liquid. Eat on matzoh with some seriously pungent horseradish ground right from the root. Passover classic
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    That sound interestinly good. Might give that a whirl.
    Happy Passover!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • dubah
    Thanks, it's really good. The sweet of freedom, the bitter of slavery. Really tasty.
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I'm going to say with what has been cooked on it, no it's not kosher anymore. Happy Passover Gary.