Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Humble Corner of the World....

Options
transversalInactive
transversalInactive Posts: 376
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where I have more fun on weekends than any man should. Now, if the picture posts, yall better get ready......'cause I am gonna be one picture postin' SOB!!

[/img]4-15-2011.jpg[img size=150][/img]

Comments

• transversalInactive
    Options
    Here we go again........
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    [img size=150][/img]4-15-2011.jpg
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Thanks, Brad.......I think I'm doing all those things, but there's something I'm doing wrong......and I can't bag it for the life of me. I do appreciate the help.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Here is how it should look in your message and in the preview:

[ img ]http://www.photohost.com/photoname.jpg[ /img ]

Remove the spaces inside the brackets on either end, and there you have it.

Your photo has to be be at a resolution of 800/600 or less or it will not appear. I also believe that some people have problems using certain hosting sites that do not allow hotlinking. Maybe flickr is one of those sites, not sure which you are using.
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Hi Sophie
    We look forward to your photos and cook news. Please try using the 'Preview" button below before posting photos , it will let you know if your photos will post without issue and it will save us all a lot of wasted time.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I use flickr all the time. well, on the rare occasions I actually post pics anyway. :blush:

Here's the subject at hand...

4-15-2011.jpg

Did this by clicking Img at the top of the post, then pasting the url and clicking Img again. No spaces. Always works for me.

Also, click the Preview button before submitting. If you don't see the pic in preview, we won't see it when you post.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• transversalInactive
    Options
    Woop.....der it is!!
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Where is the preview button, G&C?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    posting pics is a pita here. even AFTER you figure it out! hahaha

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• transversalInactive
    Options
    Gotcha, Michael.......strugglin a bit. Will get it right. Pardon my stumbling and fumbling. I'm not that computer literate to begin with. But, I'll get it. Thanks.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    I have taken pics of just about all my cooks thus far and have some good ones. It's always been frustrating for me not to be able to post'em. So, I'm excited about getting close to be able to doing it.
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    FYI
    For everyone using Hotmail. I find this to be the most simple photo hosting. Photobucket, Picasa and all the others are great also. I use Hotmail for Email and it will host 25GB of photos. Load them into your album. Right click on photo. Click properties. Copy URL. Then click Img on this Forum , paste URL, then click Img again. Check with "Preview" button. Good to go. Hope this helps.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    All input helps, friend. I'll get it yet. Thanks. This is fun, but not nearly as much fun as briskets and butts!!
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    That is a SWEET stainless cook table! Thanks CQ
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Thanks.....I had it done by a fab shop in town and was very pleased with the final product. Now, by the time I conclude my order with Tom at CGS, I'll have more in the Egg set up than I do in the house!!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Jack - I use Photobucket - got some great step-by-step directions from Grandpas Grub....

Here is the link he gave to me:
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=901811&catid=1

When I finally got the hang of it I wanted to pinch myself!

Good luck! ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    When you post something you hit a submit button but, next to it you have a preview and cancel button.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Just a weird question...
    If yer a guy, why post under a woman's name?

No offense intended. Just perplexed.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Michael:

I have no problem with Photobucket and find it very easy to use. But I like knowing EVERYTHING, so I have a question about Flickr.

Click on IMG, then paste WHAT url? The url for his initial post? Or is it some other url?

That is certainly easier than uploading to Photobucket. Please explain, like you always do, so I can be au courant.
    Judy in San Diego
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Judy, I looked back when Michael was explaining the same to Captain Frank. The following is copied from that past post. Hope this helps you. Tim :)

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=887946&catid=12

In Reply to: Re:OT, Test photo, flickr posted by Capt. Frank on 2010/05/13 15:52:43
    Not sure what happened here. I HAD a larger pic up (yours), but I added a comment and hosed it. Now all I can get is the small version. Not unusual on this forum.

Anyway, once you upload the pic to Flickr, go to the "You" page and you should see the pic. Click on it to open. That takes you to another page with just that pic. Just above the photo, click on "All Sizes".

On that page, scroll down to #2 near the bottom (Grab the photo's URL). Copy the URL in the box.

Then, in your post here, click on the green Img box just above your post. Paste the URL and click Img again. No spaces, just ImgURLImg.

Then click Preview and you should see the pic. If you decide to modify your post once the pic is up, sometimes it causes the photo to disappear. No idea why. If you don't see the actual photo in the preview, you won't see it in your post.

Good luck! It's an adventure, ain't it?!
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Thanks so much, Elzbth.......I'm gonna whip this thing. Wasn't it you who recently had the knee surgery? If so, hope you're doing much better.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Valid question and a long story. But when I was attempting to set up my Egghead Forum Account, I scrambled the process so badly that I couldn't unscramble it. My wife ultimately set up an account using our grand daughter's name, "Sophie," as a handle. So, I had to abandon my account and use my wife's!! Pretty Klutzy, ain't it? And I have no idea how to fix it. But, even if I could, I wouldn't wanna start all over as a "Newbee."

So, I promise I'm a better griller than computer technician......and I'm not what Archie Bunker used to refer to as a "Transversal." I'm 6'1", 255 lb., 64 year old red blooded American Egger named Jack with "Sophie" for a handle........and I can't post a pic to save my soul. But I love Eggin, Grillin and I love the folks on this site. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Elzbth, that was a big help....thanks for the reference.
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Jack,

That's some funny stuff. Lets just say you're not alone in these first couple issues with the forum. :P

Open yourself up a photobucket.com account and dump your pics into albums (sorting as you go(sure wish I had done it)) then if you put the curser over a picture it should give you a 'Pull down' menu and the bottom one should be 'IMG code', click on that and then you can paste it into your post on the forum.

You can also change your handle without loosing your post count, I just don't know how to do it.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Just click on "edit my profile" under the Member menu at the top. Then change your Handle. Super simple.
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    I'll buy you a beer and give you my panty hose if you show me how to do it!!
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Fidel, if I do that, can I change my handle to "Transversal?"
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Fidel, I have undergone "The Change." I am now "transversal." Thanks for your help!! I'll mail you my panty hose!!
  • transversalInactive
    Options
    Rip......Fidel assisted with the surgery, but I have undergone "The Change." I am now 'transversal!!"